Magiscope automatic gas changeover Regulator

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Masman, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Masman

Masman Funster

Whilst cooking yesterday one of the gas rings was not putting out full heat.low flame.I thought it must be a faulty switch.Then heating went off.Thought it was empty gas bottle.so changed over to new one.lit gas hob faulty burner would light.changed over to another ring no problems.Untill i came to turn it off.I turned nob off.but the burner stayed lit.turned gas off.Decided to bypass magiscope.put a normal propane regulator on via a piece of gas pipe i use for cadac.All working now.Will get a new regulator when we get home.magiscope reg 80 pounds.But seen a manual regulator by gaslow 35 pounds.If pipe size is same can I fit this instead.I never use automatic changeover as its easy to forget and empty both bottles.Any advice appreciated

2. Masman

Masman Funster

Bump

3. Clive

Clive Funster Life Member

I'd go for manual for the same reason. The pipe should be the same size (y)

• Like Like x 1
  4. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

Hi, Are you saying that you turned the gas hob burner knob OFF and the burner on the hob stayed lit?

Eddie

5. Masman

Masman Funster

Yes Eddie. One I replaced the magiscope with a normal regulator All is workin as normal.been away for a few days and no problems.We are of to cornwall for 6 days..Will see how it goes then when i get home I will change it for a manual changover.Any comments appreciated.

6. andy63

andy63 Funster

Didn't think a faulty regulator could have stopped the cooker valve from working. Hope someone can explain that.. I'm interested.
    Ta andy

7. Masman

Masman Funster

Update.Went away for a week in Cornwall.Used old type regulator all worked fine.Came home,ended up buying a new version of Magiscope.Fitted today.All working as it should be.

Attached Files: