Magic Easy Satellite problems

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by vectian, Sep 21, 2013.

  1. vectian

    vectian Funster

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2013
    Messages:
    152
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Isle of Wight
    I have had my Hobby 600 for 6mths and it came fitted with a Teleco Magic Easy Satellite system which was working fine. Now it has started playing about and quite often when trying to use it shows "Er 3" on the panel which means rotation motor is jammed according to the booklet, but this doesn't make sense as the dish has only raised slightly nowhere near where it should be. I can see no way of getting into the motor unit. Has any body any suggestions as what I can do. As I live on Isle of Wight there are no dealers/repairers near me.
     
  2. pappajohn

    pappajohn Funster Life Member

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2007
    Messages:
    29,484
    Likes Received:
    16,967
    Location:
    YO11 2BD
    only two things i can think of.....

    1. a typo in the handbook and it should read 'elevation motor'

    2. once the dish has cleared it parked/travel position it begins to rotate as it elevates.
    the controller senses it isnt rotating so shuts down.

    no hands on experience of the system so only an assumption
     
  3. voyagerstan

    voyagerstan Read Only Funster

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2011
    Messages:
    323
    Likes Received:
    211
    Location:
    torquay sometimes
    bin it !!!!:Smile: stan
     
  4. vectian

    vectian Funster

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2013
    Messages:
    152
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Isle of Wight
    voyagerstan

    Sounds a bit drastic, Have you had similar problems with one andwere unable to fix it then
     
  5. Phill D

    Phill D

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2011
    Messages:
    4,414
    Likes Received:
    4,632
    Location:
    South Wales
    picked up from googling :Eeek::Eeek:


    Quote"
    Hi,
    My ´err 3 problem´has been solved as well.

    I´ll try to explain in my bad English, how the fault was found.

    Since the drive motor had been replaced, I could exclude that the motor caused the problem. So there were two more possibilities, as I was told by an expert.

    It could be either a software defect or a broken wire.

    So we started to measure all the cablewires from the blackbox to the printplate of the unit on the roof. There are about nine wires. My expert was on the roof and shaked the cable while I was near the blackbox holding the multimeter. And yes, one small grey wire turned out to be faulty.

    The wire was broken exacty where the cable comes out of the axe near the tie-wrap. Everytime the dish rotates, this cable is torn a bit.

    We soldered the broken wire and now the dish is working perfectly again.

    So I can advise everyone who encounters an ´err 3´ problem, to carefully check all the wiring.

    hope this helps
     
Loading...

Share This Page