Madness she said. (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We have searched the uk high and low for a motorhome, from Eastbourne south coast to Scotland.

Been disappointed with rubbish not as advertised vans all the way. Thousands of miles done.

Now we are going to Germany to look at a La Strada avanti van conversion, seen these before on extensive tours of Germany, nothing to touch them PVC wise in my opinion.

We have negotiated a decent price with the private owner although not doing this to save money due to rubbish exchange rate.

We would never find one of this class in the UK so fingers crossed, its an adventure anyway, we have a few plan B's in place in case it doesn't work out.

6 hour drive to Dover Sunday 10th April, hotel in Dover Sunday night, ferry booked Monday morning 8am then 4 hour drive to see van.

My sister said ''You are going all that way to look at a bleeding van, Madness''

Auf Wiedersehen.

Paul&Caroline.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I flew to Sussex to look and buy my van from south coast. Well worth trip god knows how I would have got home if I didn't buy it

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I flew to Sussex to look and buy my van from south coast. Well worth trip god knows how I would have got home if I didn't buy it

Flew, wow.

I drove to Eastbourne from County Durham, 7 hours one way, looked, hotel, fuel, you did it the posh way, I slummed it:).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We have looked the length and breadth of the country.

Now its time to move to another country.

''I can feel it in my water'' I said to the wife regarding this one to which she replied''You are taking the PI-S'' after all we've looked at.

My water is never wrong.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
So, according to your logic PVC conversions that have been purchased in the UK are sh1te. Just think about that for a moment because there are a lot of happy customers out there that will not agree with you...:sneaky:

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
So, according to your logic PVC conversions that have been purchased in the UK are sh1te. Just think about that for a moment because there are a lot of happy customers out there that will not agree with you...:sneaky:

Chill out it was meant to be tongue in cheek. The ones we have looked at have been in poor condition, any motorhome is only as good as the last owner believe me, no matter what make it is.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
According to AutoTrader - Webbs have them, brand new 2017 and also a 2009.
Broken Link Removed
They look very nice, should do at those prices :eek:...
...similar layout to the WildAx I'm getting, ie fixed bed, mid galley & washroom & front dinette but no doubt better fixtures (I'd hope so).

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
According to AutoTrader - Webbs have them, brand new 2017 and also a 2009.
Broken Link Removed
They look very nice, should do at those prices :eek:...
...similar layout to the WildAx I'm getting, ie fixed bed, mid galley & washroom & front dinette but no doubt better fixtures (I'd hope so).

Webb's have one in nearly 62000 quid and its not on the maxi chassis. They were meant to be ringing me back but never bothered.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
6 hour drive to Dover Sunday 10th April, hotel in Dover Sunday night, ferry booked Monday morning 8am then 4 hour drive to see van.
Hope you've got the ferry dates/times correct, Sunday is the 9th !!! Not trying to be clever, but a very good friend of ours (not naming as he's a member) did turn up at Hull ferry terminal a day early.:):):)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
lots of peeps have some tales to tell about how they got their vans, including me;) But anyway Good luck guys(y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Lovely to meet folk as daft as us :)(y), met Caz and Paul this morning to pass on the TT

I had programmed in Berlin to prove it had Germany in the maps, hope they reset it :LOL::LOL:

Looking forward to updates on this, sort of thing we have done, but more or less grown out of now, but you never know :)(y)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
My Son negotiated and bought a MH unseen but carefully researched and negotiated that was in Malaga, he was in Mauritius he had to fly to UK internal flights to deposit his gear and then onto Malaga, I'm not sure how many Kmiles.

The MH was as expected money transferred and then drive it home to UK.

Is the " Guinness Book of Records " still going(n)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hope you've got the ferry dates/times correct, Sunday is the 9th !!! Not trying to be clever, but a very good friend of ours (not naming as he's a member) did turn up at Hull ferry terminal a day early.:):):)

if it hadn't of been for sharing tunnel crossings with Dawn (mousy) we would have turned up a week early for our crossing, the trip tied in with our eldests wedding, I think we were as giddy as them

quick on line adjustment sorted us

Hope Paul was just as giddy :), they did seem like a couple of grown up teenagers when we met earlier :)

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We are back, didn't buy, the used one was not as good as they said, it had loads of DIY bodge ups and faults not stated. Cracked trim, tree damage, toilet cassette faulty, 2 blinds Knackered.

We had some plan B's but unfortunately I have a gum infection and required an emergency dentist and antibiotics, can only eat on one side. I wanted to see my own dentist so we came back early, all for nothing in the end the trip but that is life.

I will say again, no matter what marque, any van can be in poor condition.

I enjoyed the trip though and the hotel/food was excellent even though I was in pain and only eating on one side.

Thanks to everyone for contributing here and again to DavidG58, the sat nav performed faultlessly throughout the trip.

Paul&Caroline.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back