Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
My Dad took his motorhome on the M6 Toll yesterday and was surprised to be offered a discount to caravan club members (which he is) so he paid £6 instead of £12.

Do the caravan and camping club or any other clubs have this perk?

cheers

Steve

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
From M6 Toll website

All Caravan Club members* can benefit from discounted travel on the M6toll when driving a vehicle towing a caravan or caravan trailer or driving a motorhome. Make use of our Caravan Club offer by simply producing your valid Caravan Club membership card prior to payment and receive the discounted toll price.

*this offer is exclusive to The Caravan Club members only,[HI] no other Club membership applies. [/HI]

other offers

Link Removed

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
believe the camping and caravan club also have a discount but not sure how much

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
My Dad took his motorhome on the M6 Toll yesterday and was surprised to be offered a discount to caravan club members (which he is) so he paid £6 instead of £12.

Do the caravan and camping club or any other clubs have this perk?

cheers

Steve

I have been trying over the last 10 months (several emails) to get a response from the C&CC as to why they don't have a similar arrangement which would be benefical to me, but true to their reputation I get the silent invisible 'finger'.
Don't need to be told what I should do!

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Even at £6 its still a liberty,the few times ive been around the area i dont see many detouring to pay the toll.If it was simalar to dartford many more would use it.£12 is shocking by anyones standards.:Angry:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I used it this morning - delays on the M6 were reported at 25-30 minutes on the radio and a bit more on the sat nav, went up a virtually clear toll road. At the tolls (£5.50) there were 2 caravans. Just handed over the club card for them to make note of the number.

OK, you can sit and crawl up the M6 or get stressed working your way around the local roads, I paid for a quiet stress free run - my choice.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I find it very annoying that the approach to the toll road always says "toll road clear" and invariably mentions congestion on the M6 between junction X and Y. I always take my chance and stay on the M6. Sometimes the congestion is non existent, sometimes it is trivial and at other times it is an absolute bloody nightmare. Wouldn't life be so much simpler if the sign said "take the toll, it is awful on the M6". The sign telling of congestion ought to be able to pass on useful information instead of merely promoting taking the toll.

On almost every other motorway they are obsessed with saying junction X is 30 miles away and will take 28 minutes. Surely they could say Junction 10 is 28 miles away and will take 30 minutes, 50 minutes or 200 minutes. If they love the miles/minute formula all over the country why oh why can't they use it at the one place where it actually makes a difference to our decision making.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never had cause to use the M6 toll but i wouldnt anyway.

as in France, there is nearly always an alternative, parallel road even if a bit slower and more twisty.

the only toll i pay is the Humber bridge and then only if heading for the A15 as the cost (£1.50 even for a 7500kg motorhome) far outweighs the fuel cost to go M62, M18, M180 to A15.

the £1.50 translates to just 2 road miles for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back