M6 road works (1 Viewer)

siw67

Free Member
Sep 6, 2009
macclesfield
Funster No
We visited the caravan & boat show today traveling down via the M6 from Cheshire . One word ROADWORKS :Angry:I have to say 80 mile trip of which 65 mile of it motorway .I recon 35 miles of roadworks .OK work has to be done at some-point so I've got a new game SPOT THE WORKMAN .On are way back 2 men walk to a van .BEAT THAT !!!:ROFLMAO:

p/s Great show
pp/s Be gentle its my first time

Cheers Si

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
pp/s Be gentle its my first time
Cheers Si

No way. It says you've made 2 posts. You've even been thanked.

Are you going to take the politician's defence "I thought the first time did not count".

Or the FUNsters defence "I was paralytic and I don't normally behave like that".

graham_bell

Free Member
Feb 25, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
I was at the NEC yesterday and it took me ages to get back. Mind you half of the problem was my satnav, actually I should own up. I wondered why it was taking me on A roads only. After about 2 hours :RollEyes: I forced my way onto a motorway, only for it to advise me to leave at the next junction - huh? After a while I realised I had it set to avoid major roads. :ROFLMAO: I did enjoy the countryside though :Blush:

Sounds like I did well to avoid the M6! I always look to see how many workman I can find and it always winds me up...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
and if you had joined the M6 at Blackpool you would of had 2 more sections of roadworks to get through, and guess what - on friday i had to go through them twice and i spotted no workmen actually working but there was a couple of vans parked up. ( it was raining at the time)

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
I think you may be on about the works been carried out on BOTH north and south carriageways which I think is to do with the M6 widening into 4 lanes through Staffordshire?

I think that most work takes place throughout the night, why, I've no idea but there you have it.

Mick

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
We came from the NEC to Carlisle on Thursday and it was so annoying the ammount of roadworks, and the cones leading up to the works seem to get longer & longer.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Drove up the M6 from the M5 to the M74 on friday, roadworks again and again, but there have always been roadworks on the M6 since it was opened. Maybe it's traditional?

Bill

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I think your just trying to impress us with your first post Si:RollEyes:
No way did you see men in a road works area, just no way
You need to remember were all seasoned travellers on here, and we know its the Tarmac fairy that does Motorways:Doh:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The Van didnt look like this didi it:whatthe::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Alian20abductions.jpg
    Alian20abductions.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 10
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
After a while I realised I had it set to avoid major roads.

Been there...done that :Smile:

Went to the NEC yesterday....

Saturday......

never, never, never, never....again :Doh:

Last year, arrived 10:30 and got in no problem. This year...queuing on the M42 junction 6 hard shoulder, then slow moving into the carpark which was already looking full. Me, my father and half the population of the UK seemed to be there. :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back