M/Home water H & C pipe couplings ??

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by davidallan, Dec 16, 2013.

1. davidallan

davidallan Funster

I am referring to those many Inboard pipe couplings [plastic] ....They look somewhat similar to the 'Push fit' ones many DIY stores stock., which can be used on Plastic & Copper pipes.

HELP NEEDED.....HOW DO YOU UNDO THESE CONNECTORS ?? and can I presume they will reconnect after undoing.

I am in the middle of replacing the Hand wash basin which has cracked :Angry:

Thanks for you 'Festive ' Help:BigGrin::Smile:

2. WillH

WillH Funster

On the back of the connector is a collar which when fully depressed will release the pipe. They can be re-made by simply pushing the pipe home.

A special tool is available to push the collar but a 12mm open ended spanner can be used just as easily. Place over the pipe and slide down to the connector onto the collar, push very firmly and the pipe should be released, pull it out.

Rgds
    Bill

• Like Like x 1
  3. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

its easier to do than explain but I'll have a go, hold the fitting with one hand and push the pipe you wish to remove towards the fitting with the other, it should give very slightly at this point you need to also pull the ring around the pipe towards the fitting with index finger and thumb of the hand you are holding the fitting with when it wont get any closer to the fitting you should be able to pull the pipe out of the fitting, you can get a small tool to help hold the ring in place while you pull the pipe out but I've never needed one yet

4. Mel

Mel Funster

On some vans you have to remove a grey c clip before you can releas it.

Mel

5. davidallan

davidallan Funster

....Three Hands would be a benefit

:BigGrin:.....'Motorhome Fun' has come to the 'Rescue' again......:thumb:

BUT WOT A PRATTLING JOB !:Doh: DONE in a most Confined Space & most of the time spent SAT on the 'CRAPPER'.....3 Hours and counting.---Just to take the sink out:cry::cry:

NOW to put the New sink in and CHECK for LEAKS !!!!!!!!??????:Eeek::Eeek:

Another SKILL taken on board to ADD to the "Zillions" needed for Motorhome -Funster Ownership......

THANKS for the Advice once again :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. martin1485

martin1485 Funster

Be careful when putting the sink back in. The tap on mine is a mixer and the supply pipes fit onto plastic tails at the bottom of the tap body. I found out to my cost that they can be brittle and will break easily if you catch the pipes on the worktop as you put the sink back in.