M/Home water H & C pipe couplings ?? (1 Viewer)

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
I am referring to those many Inboard pipe couplings [plastic] ....They look somewhat similar to the 'Push fit' ones many DIY stores stock., which can be used on Plastic & Copper pipes.

HELP NEEDED.....HOW DO YOU UNDO THESE CONNECTORS ?? and can I presume they will reconnect after undoing.

I am in the middle of replacing the Hand wash basin which has cracked :Angry:

Thanks for you 'Festive ' Help::bigsmile::Smile:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
On the back of the connector is a collar which when fully depressed will release the pipe. They can be re-made by simply pushing the pipe home.

A special tool is available to push the collar but a 12mm open ended spanner can be used just as easily. Place over the pipe and slide down to the connector onto the collar, push very firmly and the pipe should be released, pull it out.

Rgds
Bill

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
its easier to do than explain but I'll have a go, hold the fitting with one hand and push the pipe you wish to remove towards the fitting with the other, it should give very slightly at this point you need to also pull the ring around the pipe towards the fitting with index finger and thumb of the hand you are holding the fitting with when it wont get any closer to the fitting you should be able to pull the pipe out of the fitting, you can get a small tool to help hold the ring in place while you pull the pipe out but I've never needed one yet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
On some vans you have to remove a grey c clip before you can releas it.

Mel

OP
OP
D

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
....Three Hands would be a benefit

::bigsmile:.....'Motorhome Fun' has come to the 'Rescue' again......:thumb:

BUT WOT A PRATTLING JOB !:Doh: DONE in a most Confined Space & most of the time spent SAT on the 'CRAPPER'.....3 Hours and counting.---Just to take the sink out:cry::cry:

NOW to put the New sink in and CHECK for LEAKS !!!!!!!!??????:Eeek::Eeek:

Another SKILL taken on board to ADD to the "Zillions" needed for Motorhome -Funster Ownership......

THANKS for the Advice once again :thumb:

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Be careful when putting the sink back in. The tap on mine is a mixer and the supply pipes fit onto plastic tails at the bottom of the tap body. I found out to my cost that they can be brittle and will break easily if you catch the pipes on the worktop as you put the sink back in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back