M/h'less but not 4 long (1 Viewer)

B

buddyh42

Deleted User
Hi
Just joined as the other half & I have ordered our first M/H and are really excited about getting it, we have ordered a Toyota Granvia conversion.

a few questions should we have a gas detector fitted as the wife is paranoid:Doh: as we both have bad chest conditions, another thing she is paranoid about is security what should we have fitted?

Hope to see you all at some time

Allen & Lillian

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Allen,

Eddy or Lyn are the people to talk to about security and alarms, but the are at the other end of the country but they do have a nice camp site to stay at while they do the work.

Peter

OP
OP
B

buddyh42

Deleted User
Now got M/home but not Granvia, Bongo instead

Well after putting deposit down on 1 vehicle, ended up getting a different one from a different garage so now trying to get deposit back,
Extremly happy with the Bongo and looking forward to first overnight trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Hope your happy with your new motorhome, gassing has been discussed at length on this & other forums. In the end if you feel safer by having one fitted then it might be worth the cost to you. It is more important for your security where you stop & many people can help you with good safe places to stay. The main areas of risk are near to large cities especially on motorway service areas in Europe.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi welcome to the site and enjoy your new van,why not try 48 hours in your drive, that way not too far to go to get extra duvet, botttle opener or whatever else you may have forgotten. (One of Jim's Motorhome checklist may help there)as for a gas alarm the only thing I would worry about is carbon monoxide. Anything else you can ecertainly smell long before it affects you. buy off the shelf in all good camping shops and hang on a hook, job done.Security wise I would add an ultrasound rodent deterrent as they can cause a lot of damage if they get in. as for two legged intruders we don't have a problem whilst out two dogs are with us.
footsteps-1.jpg

Don't forget we also have a chatroom, always someone there of an evening as I live there, hee hee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back