Lytham st Anne's aire and bus routes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Vlad The Impaler, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

I'm going to take the kids to Blackpool to visit the tower and other attractions,can I pay to park the van up for 2 days and nights and stay in the same spot ?
    Also is there a regular bus service from lytham into Blackpool or does anyone know of a day ticket travel pass that covers the busses and trams?

Thanks in advance
    Vlad

2. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Yes mate, very regular. Its only about a 20 minuet trip. Not sure where you mean about parking, Blackpool, or Lytham??

3. Linda and Steph

Linda and Steph Funster

• Like Like x 2
  4. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Thanks Toots ,Thinking of parking up in lytham at the aire type place,leaving van parked up for a couple of days,and travelling back and forth.

Vlad

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Good plan. I wouldn't overnight in Blackpool anyway. :(

6. froggy59

froggy59 Funster

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Yes it does however........

Motorhome parking is permitted in the lower car park's central bays only. Motorhomes cannot park on the upper section of the car park. 7 oversized vehicle bays (8m long) are available on the lower section. These are suitable for (though not exclusively for the use of) motorhomes.

Am I right in thinking if I'm in an oversized 8 m bay during the day I have to move to occupy 2 central bays at night , Or do you get away with staying put. Anyone been here that can shed any light on this.
    I suppose I could just pay for 2 central bays during the day and not have to move in the evening !

Vlad

8. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

We have used it a few times. Must have got on the wrong bus as it took as almost an hour to get to the tower. Bus went in and out every road imaginable.

The Newton Arms pub in Staining lets you park for free. Bus ride was 15min to central.

• Like Like x 1
  9. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

Don't know if you have a tablet of any kind, I use this app for buses everywhere we go. It's been reliable to date, though I always double check times with the operator just in case there are changes that have not been updated. It's called Bus Checker. There are others, and web based which I think is called traveline.

10. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Blackpool transport publish route maps Here. The No 7 is the most direct between St Annes and Blackpool.
    Hard copy maps and timetables are available from the transport office on Market Street in Blackpool.

11. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

The Fylde web site says "Multi-day tickets are available for 1, 2 or 3 days with prices applied per bay occupied. Multi-day tickets expire at 10am on the final day." and "A maximum stay of three consecutive nights is permitted, No return within five days."
    Somebody posted on the MCC Facebook group a couple of weeks ago that it's £21 for 3 days - "its three pound for the day and five for the night, if you do three days they let you have it for 21 pounds" but you need coins because the machines don't take notes.

12. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Thanks Graham , I was wondering more about the oversized bays for MHs , it seems strange to provide them and have to move to another spot if overnighting!

Vlad

13. stevet

stevet Read Only Funster

Vlad, we have used St Anne's many times. Just park in the long bays at the back of the Toby Carvery day and night. £8 for 24 hours, £21 for 3 days, coins only. Good bus service up and down the coast.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Eddystone

Eddystone Funster

I am confused. Which car park has the lower level long bays? The website says overnight allowed at St Annes pool, but there are no long bays showing up on Google earth at that car park.

15. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Never trust the dates on Google Earth/maps. Many images are several years old.

16. stevet

stevet Read Only Funster

The long bays are at the end of the lower car park next to the promenade immediately behind the Toby Carvery. The photo on Google Earth was taken before the spaces were created.

17. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Once you arrive it will all make sense, just head for the rear of the building :). Where the lazy car drivers dont park (y)
    There is a cinema as well at the rear car park...
    Ref anyone with smaller kids not after the thrill rides then I would also look at Southport... £8 overnight parking and very much nicer..

• Like Like x 1
  18. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

069.jpg

• Like Like x 1