Lyon

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by ObiVanKenobi, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ObiVanKenobi

ObiVanKenobi Read Only Funster

Has anyone been to the Lyon Christmas market and more importantly parked anywhere close to it? The only campsite ACSI we have found is Indigo Camping to the North however we don't really want to waste money on a campsite if we can park the van close to the market for a few hours?

Any ideas please? A google of Park and Ride doesn't bring much hope!

2. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Have stayed at the North Indigo Camping , its a fair way from the centre, they tell me that you can take a bus into the centre.

There is another site, @ http://www.camping-indigo.com/fr/camping-indigo-parc-des-oiseaux-dombes.html which is now part of the Indigo group, when there last time, the train service was not working and there were disruptions..

3. Phill D

Phill D

Camping Indigo is about 200 meters from the train station direct line into Lyon :thumb:

4. ObiVanKenobi

ObiVanKenobi Read Only Funster

Thanks for the replies. I have spoken with Indigo camping and apparently they don't take ACSI cards anymore?? Too expensive for us them.....

5. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad Read Only Funster

If you only want to park up for a few hours have a look on Google maps at this place on Rue Bichat (45.746743,4.820205)

I think the Christmas Market in at Place Carnot and it would only be about a ten minute walk.

Avenue Jean-Jaures, near to Stade de Gerland (Lyon football stadium), is another possibility but it would be a longer walk although only a 5 minute walk to a Metro station.

Hope this helps.

:france::france::france: