Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone we are complete novices to motor homes, we plan to buy ourselves one in the month or so but can't decide on what layout !! Fixed bed or not !! We're planning to get used it living in for short breaks over the summer and then hopefully set off on tour of Europe next spring .

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Hi and welcome

Choices, choices there are too many choices

My advice, do NOT set yourself a time deadline as you will buy in haste and it will be wrong choices.

Keep searching you will instinctively know when you find the right one, as soon as you step in it it will feel like home and that you have owned it forever.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome to fun take your time and look in loads of different vans and layouts before making up your mind, if you decide you fancy a fixed bed then out 2010 Adria Matrix 680sp could be coming up for sale soon

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We took two years to decide but maybe that was a bit too long! We like the fixed bed but it does take a big chunk of living space. I think trekkin is right - you just know when it's the right one. Enjoy the search!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hello head duck.jpg

Hello and welcome.

We were ate the SECC show today and of all the new vans only one came anywhere near the van we have now :) Same make as the one we have now as well.

Take your time in deciding as there is no hurry. When you do look at van take a notebook and camera as it all starts to blur.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Welcome.
Look at as many as you can. Smell them. Sit in them . Lay in them . Stand in he shower and bend for the soap. Sit on he loo and do the motions. Not literally ! Check for elbow and knee room etc.
We're selling ours soon as Ralphs doing a conversion. King size over cab bed. Doesn't eat Into lounge Space.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
:welc::france:Hi and a big YES for fixed bed,when weary or "little worse for wear haha" it's always ready for you.
The storage space below works well for us with all the motorbike gear,chairs tables etc stored there.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Lynn and Kevin welcome to Fun, use the forum to ask as many questions as you need the answers are out there somewhere :welc:

Yorkshirefreckles

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F
Exp
Forever
Hello and congratulations on making the right decision - to become Motorhomers! Everyone is right - there are so many choices. You need to take your time and think carefully about what you'll want to do in your van.

I have to say our first van had a U Shaped Lounge because I insisted that I needed the space for sitting and reading with my feet up. It made up into a massive double bed. However, after two years of not being able to go to bed until we were both tired, not being able to stop in bed late if other half was up and having to make the thing up every night no matter how tired we were, we changed up to a fixed bed and haven't regretted it. But there are so many versions of fixed beds, even if you decide that's the way to go, it doesn't narrow down your options that much!

Enjoy the looking and the choosing; then you're bound to enjoy the cruising!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back