Luxemberg (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
we are going to Trier and up the mosel vally, but the first 2 or 3 days we will spend in Luxemberg, at the moment I am going to stay on a site near mamur, is there any other sites anyone can recommend, what is the public transport like and cost, is there somewhere to park in the town, or just not bother ! apart from filling up ( this will be around the 20th July because of my children hols )

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We loved Luxembourg, we were there about 5 years ago I think. There is a very nice site at Diekirch, 5 mins walk from the town centre. Vianden has a wonderful chateau and I remember having a lovely lunch at a riverside restaurant there. Can't help with the ability to park MHs at major towns as we had the caravan & car back then but we could park at the railway station for free and the transport was very cheap (6 euros for all day travel back then).

Hope the above helps

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
we are going to Trier and up the mosel vally, but the first 2 or 3 days we will spend in Luxemberg, at the moment I am going to stay on a site near mamur, is there any other sites anyone can recommend, what is the public transport like and cost, is there somewhere to park in the town, or just not bother ! apart from filling up ( this will be around the 20th July because of my children hols )
Hi there,

Rita and I stayed at >>this site<< which was the closest to the city centre at the time. The facilities were good, clean, and tidy, and the site owners/managers spoke several languages, including english. There were regular buses available from stops on the main road, just outside the camp site barriers. The pitches were on honeycombe hard standings, with grass growing through. :thumb:

Things may have changed though since we were last there.

HTH,

Jock & Rita.

P.S. I haven't a clue where Mamur is. Sorry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
We stayed at the site by the river at Vianden a few weeks ago and loved it despite the poor weather.Short walk along the river into the walled town, chair lift up the hill, great chateau....would recommend.:thumb:

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Beware most of the stallplatze on the mosel are on flood plains, we did the lenghth of the river last year when a lot of dry weather and river was high then.:Sad:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
http://www.camping-alzingen.lu/
great site with free wifi and spotless toilets and showers bus stop just outside site 2 euro to town 14 Euro on acsi

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We stayed at the site at Vianden in March and it was a fab location on a river with a mountain backdrop. The owners were really friendly and helpful with local info. We will definitely go back there. We did have to move pitch 3 times as hook up was showing no earth but soon found a pitch that was fine.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
We stayed at Ben Acruiel last week. this is the the site mentioned by Jock and Rita.

It is very close to the city of Luxembourg, which would be well worth a visit, remember the shops are closed on Sundays, so are some petrol stations!

We found it in the ACSI book on our way back from Sicily and would have stayed a second night but it is about 420km from Calais our next stop and we were getting tired so decided to take two days for the Calais trip.

The site is very good and has all the features as described by Jock and Rita.
From the campsite You can cycle into the city via cycle paths it is only 10km each way, something that we were going to do.
Don't forget the cheap diesel, €1.19 per litre!

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007

If you don't need toilets and showers (because you have them in your mh) and would like your own hard standing spot with electricity, cable tv, and water all inclusive I can recommend the Stelle Platz we just left at Fuussekaul just across the border from Germany and not far from Trier. There is plenty for the children to do at this family friendly site. All for 10 euros a night.

If you want to go to the city of Luxembourg then it will cost 4 euros return for a joint bus and train ticket available on the bus that stops right outside the Stelle Platz.

For more information look at the Website www.fuussekaul.lu the site maybe in German or in French but if you have difficulties phone them up the staff speak excellent English.

PM me if you want any more help, currently I am on the French Riviera but will pickup message every couple of days.

Happy hols

Norman

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning

This is pretty close to what we are doing we have booked our first 2 nights at this site

then onto the Mosel/Rhine we love the mosel can't wait just watching weather reports hoping for some improvement :thumb:

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
You can always try Camping Durnal, Le Pompier Rustique. Www.camping-durnal.net its in the CC European sites book book. it is a little further down than Namur but in a beautiful valley and if you get one of the Motorhome pitches you get a fantastic view. But it is quiet and ideal for a nights stop. Cost as per last month 24€ for the night inc electric

CarolynandMike

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
Can't remember the name of the site we stayed at last year but it was in the ACSI book. It was 7 kilometers from Luxembourg City, on the cycle path and with a bus stop at the top of the road by the camp site. Don't think the bus fares were particularly expensive. Cycle path takes you to the Grunge area - below the city walls (I think that's what it was called).

It was a great site and very convenient for exploring the City.

:Smile:

CarolynandMike

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009

Just looked up the ACSI campsite I mentioned: Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back