Lurking officially over!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by OwnedbyCollies, Jan 4, 2010.

1. OwnedbyCollies

OwnedbyCollies Funster

Hello and a Happy New Year to All!

I have been lurking for a few months and finally decided to come out! I have been absorbing your collective wisdom on all things motorhome and now cannot switch on without a quick check to see whats going on!

"We" are Janine and Andrew and we live in a small village near Macclesfield in Cheshire. Over the years we have graduated from camping (all over Europe on our old BMW motorbike), through to caravans and finally we have arrived at a motorhome. We took delivery of Herman (Burstner Nexxo T660) just before Christmas and have not yet been able to get our first trip under our belts due to this weather.

We are 'owned' by 2 border collies; Jack is 11 years old and still daft and Jess is just over 1 and apart from being a midget, she is as mad as a bag of frogs! They loved the caravan so I'm sure will think the fixed bed in the MH was designed just for them - with a window each.

We are planning as many holidays as possible - work is definitely becoming a nuisance - and cannot wait to get over to France and beyond. Jack and Jess have their passports and are learning french so that they blend in seamlessly.

Now that I have started I'm sure I will make a nuisance of myself asking silly questions - please be patient!

Janine

2. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

hi and welcome:BigGrin::BigGrin:

3. jomel

jomel Read Only Funster

Hello and welcome to you and the little dogs :BigGrin:

4. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

:welcomefunster: Glad you are out of the closet. Lots of good information & knowledgable people on here, but above all it's FUN :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Thanks for registering and Welcome to the Fun:thumb::thumb:

6. JaG

JaG Funster

Welcome

Welcome to the friendliest Club in the world. Take your eye off the forum for a few hours and you are pages away, lol. The two dogs will soon make friends with others in the Club.
    Regards, Graham & Jean

7. GregM

GregM Read Only Funster

Welcome to the Fun.

8. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi Janine, good for you we have too many lurking. :Wink::Smile:

Welcome to Motorhome Fun. :thumb: I know what you mean about Addiction, I'm on 12 hours a day...........:Laughing:... but have been told I must try and cut down, then we go away for 2 months without it, :cry: after a day or two I turn to :wine::wine::wine::wine::beer::drink::Wink:.

Oh and funsters don't let the weather dampen things, we are on the ferry friday morning.:BigGrin: Bob and Jane. :thumb:

flyingwelcome

9. gillr49

gillr49 Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome to Fun:BigGrin:

10. smifee

smifee Read Only Funster

Hi J9 & Andrew

I'm going to be temporarily 'ownedbycollies' in a couple of weeks. Will be petsitting 2 young collies for a week. Will be walking them seperately so no need for a new years diet this year:Wink:

Then it's off to find the sun. Taking Lulu, a 2 yr Cocker Spaniel, on her first trip abroad.

It was -7 ( thats Siberia to us Southern Softies ) last night at Vanbitz nr Taunton but Lulu the everlasting hot water bottle kept me warm all night.

Have a great time when the weather lets you get away:thumb:

11. bazfergy

bazfergy Read Only Funster

Hi guys and:welcome:i used to have a nexxo t660 turned out to be to small lovely van though:thumb:

12. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Welcome....

ShiftZZ

13. OwnedbyCollies

OwnedbyCollies Funster

What a wonderful welcome!

Thank you to everyone for making us feel so welcome!

Good luck with the petsitting Smifee! You and Lulu will be ready for your holiday after the invasion. I hope Lulu enjoys her first foreign adventure - she can pass on her tips to Jack and Jess!!!!!

Basfergy - the 'van seems HUGE to us at the moment although if we keep going forwards we are OK!!! Reversing is a whole new ball game (but infinitely better then the caravan). I'm sure it will shrink dramatically when full of wet dogs - one and a half border collies must be approximately equal to one bull mastiff!!!!!

14. allie sommerville

allie sommerville Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome - I'm new myself (to the site but not to motorcaravanning) and this is s lovely site :BigGrin:
    Enjoy!