Lunar Roadstar Caravan Door Furniture (1 Viewer)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I have a Lunar Roadstar 780 and am trying to locate 2 of the plastic restraining straps that are attached to the inside of the caravan door. I have been quoted £24.40 +vat each and 6 weeks delivery from a local dealer which seems to me excessive.

These items must break for a pasttime as they are at the ideal hight for pulling the door closed. Do any members who own a Roadstar know of a supplier.

I was also quoted £130 +vat for a shower tray any idea where I could get one cheaper?

Thanks in anticipation

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
Lunarman,

I need two of these as well. Please let the forum know if you source a cost effective supply. Thanks.

BTW what are they for? I cannot think of anything to store behind them so we too use them to pull the door shut.

Worst comes to worst I may replace them with leather straps to use as door pulls anyway.

Regards.................Sandy

Angiebaby

Free Member
Jan 15, 2009
West coast of Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just about to start
I have a Lunar Roadstar 780 and am trying to locate 2 of the plastic restraining straps that are attached to the inside of the caravan door. I have been quoted £24.40 +vat each and 6 weeks delivery from a local dealer which seems to me excessive.

These items must break for a pasttime as they are at the ideal hight for pulling the door closed. Do any members who own a Roadstar know of a supplier.

I was also quoted £130 +vat for a shower tray any idea where I could get one cheaper?

Thanks in anticipation
Thanks for that post. Hubby broke one on our inspection of a second hand one at the dealers (how embarrassing but at least we didn't have to pay). I am not surprised it happens given the height of it. Now we have bought a new one (van that is) he suggested changing it to a leather strap to avoid the damage as he is sure to do it again.
:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
Thanks for that post. Hubby broke one on our inspection of a second hand one at the dealers (how embarrassing but at least we didn't have to pay). I am not surprised it happens given the height of it. Now we have bought a new one (van that is) he suggested changing it to a leather strap to avoid the damage as he is sure to do it again.
:Eeek:

Hi Angie , I'll take them of your hands if you want to get rid of the .
Betty :Blush:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

If the shower tray has split why not take it out and reinforce the bottom with some glass fibre matting, put two or three layers with some reinforcement in between, with a bit of luck the two edges will marry up and hardly be seen.

If its white use some white gelcoat over the join, rub it down and polish it with rubbing down compound

Peter

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
I realise that this is a very old thread but with our H621 I had the same problem with the door restraints. I was just lucky but but a chap that I meant on site in Cornwall took me to his workshop and made new ones out of Stainless steel strip which he carefully bent to shape, what a Gent!

We also had a split in the shower tray and I had that repaired by a spray method which was not cheap but saved me taking out the tray. So far so good

Mike & Ann

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
Sure it's the same we had on a lunar premier.

Ended up making some up out of flexible plastic.

Cost of new ones were silly price.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back