Free Member
Sep 20, 2016
Bentham North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar roadstar 630
Exp
Hello all
I have inherited my late fathers motorhome and am a little baffled with the electronic control panel above the entrance door. How to switch between the 12v to hook up. When I plug the hook up in, the power sockets work but none of the interior lights operate unless I switch back to 12v power?

OP
OP
Lunarfish

Lunarfish

Free Member
Sep 20, 2016
Bentham North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar roadstar 630
Exp
This is the control panel. A little baffling for me as a newbie :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 36

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Leave the 12v system turned on...it is designed that way and won't cause problems.
The 230v system is for 13a 3 pin sockets, battery charger, fridge and some water heaters.
The charger will keep the battery charged as you use lights etc.
Make sure the battery switch is turned to the trailer symbol or it will flatten your engine battery.

If you haven't figured out the confusing water control.....internal is for checking fresh water level, external is the waste water level.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Not wishing to contradict pappajohn but this was the same panel that I had on 2 on my roadsters.

You need to switch on the 12v. Choosing the trailer symbol uses and charges the Leisure batteries, choosing the car symbol uses and charges the vehicle battery.

The internal symbol is to switch on the internal pump to supply water to the taps and shower. The external is to provide power to the plug located by the water filler to provide a 12v supply for a submersible pump to enable easy filling of the on board water tank. The supply will automatically cut off when the tank is full.

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Just to qualify my previous reply charging will only take place if you are connected to an electric hook up. Use only the trailer symbol if you are off grid.

The symbol that looks like a water tank gives the level of water in the tanks. If I remember correctly 1 press give the level of the fresh water 2 presses gives the level of the waste water tank.

Lunarman

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just to qualify my previous reply charging will only take place if you are connected to an electric hook up. Only use the trailer symbol if you are off grid.

The symbol that looks like a water tank gives the level of water in the tanks. If I remember correctly 1 press give the level of the fresh water 2 presses gives the level of the water tank.

Lunarman
I bow to your better knowledge.
I missed the tank symbol top left so assumed as I posted. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back