Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have lost the Auto sleeper I was hankering after even though it was a heavy one, that would give me problems in 2 1/2 years time.
I was looking around the NEC for a replacement ideal van and was rather taken by the Lunar landstar EL as it has the kind on set up I like and is a bit smaller and LIGHTER. Has anybody on here got one that they might tell me about how they get on with it and how well the MB goes and drives, there are two versions the power is the difference and does the smaller output affect the driveability and fuel consumption? They do not state what the insulation is like in the brochure and does anybody know how it is set up, ie WOOD strips with glass wool or proper foamed material? All these things are left untold and if you are spending a LOT of money and find out afterwards that it is rubbish then you would be a trifle miffed or I will. The other thing I dislike is the DELIVERY charge of £1450 for 30miles from the factory to the dealer down the road, why? They all seem to do it and all say it is standard practice in vehicle sales, a bloody rip of I say. along with the £750 Gaslow quote??????????? The dealer would not be doing that for me.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Are they still using the SOLID ? construction ?. I would check about the gaurantee covering some of the panels,try looking at CaravanTalk forum.Lunar section. Our last c/van was a lunar,bit of a disaster really mainly due to the dealer,but THIS is who you deal with when things go wrong.Lunar appear to be partners LOL,so what went wrong.
Avtex Bee sting ariel,never worked,extra inboard water tank stopped working,but the worst bit was the "Get away drains" for the roof water at the rear of the roof,a crude hole in each corner, where a rear molding strip ran from side to side,big enough for anything an inch and a quarter square to get in,that led to two little outlets on the back panel,you had a job to put a very small screw driver blade in to free the pipe up. Various bits of wood Decor peeling off,etc.
About the Back panel,it was alledged... that this was only covered for the first year,but you would have to check on that to make sure it is true.
This was our second new Lunar,and was bought on the GOOD experience we had with the first,sad really,there was a bit more than the above,but this was only caused by the dealer,and his fitting of a MaxView Sat TV Dome,ordered at the show,to be fitted at his yard, instead of the one fitted ex Lunar,all OK'd by Lunar at the time at Cottingham Lawns show.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
This is the MB sprinter PVC model not the low profile type, Most of the body bits are fitted into the exising body works but I cannot find out what is under the trim. Also that charge for delivery Campbell of preston are very close to the factory and want £1400 delivery, is this a rip off or not?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
You have bought it from the dealer,(Not a million miles away from the factory) and they want you to pay for it to be delivered to them £1.400 ?.
Just a thought,could you not suggest that you will pay £49-£80. whatever the cost to join Green Flag/AA/RAC/Adac . Get them to say it has broken down at the factory and can they bring it to their yard ion Preston ?
I know that's silly,but so is £1.400.
Glad its a PVC,your only worry should be that pesky £1.400 Best of luck with it if you do buy, the interior furnishings in the c/van were super.
Tea Bag
Edit. Have they got an Insulation rateing/certificate for this model ? That would give you a clue

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thermal insulation grade 3 whatever that means, website not much help so I would ask if there is a factory tour if you are really interested and the dealers can't help.

I think SOLID construction is Elddis not Lunar, and as GWAYGWAY says this is a PVC.

Martin

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Thermal insulation grade 3 whatever that means, website not much help so I would ask if there is a factory tour if you are really interested and the dealers can't help.

I think SOLID construction is Elddis not Lunar, and as GWAYGWAY says this is a PVC.

Martin

Hi Martin.
Apologise to all. Silly me,perhaps a to much Red Biddy moment Thank you!. We did have a Lunar Clubman in 2000.Super c/van,everything worked well,but what was that saying.......LOL Kept it three years though just the same,the warranty was up then. Did see the bit where it was a PVC,but the Red Mist ?

The Elddis was gone in 6 months and we came back to a PVC m/home. Two years on,no water ingress,no problems with build quality,warm as toast,a Wildax creation on a Renault,insulated to the n'th degree.Love it

Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back