lunar champ h621 tools

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by saab95, May 10, 2010.

1. saab95

saab95 Read Only Funster

Can anyone tell me if my van should have a tool kit...wheel brace/jack etc...cannot locate one and going to france very soon so need to know....bought van second hand from Webbs last year...thanks

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

All base vehicles leave the factory with a basic kit, and most motor homes seem to have one
    a jack and wheel brace would be absolute minimum assuming you have a spare tyre Other essentials are
    Gaffa Tape
    Tie Wraps
    Sockets
    Spanners
    Pliers
    Mole grips
    You may not consider yourself handy but you will be surprised just what you can fix,even temporary to help you along the way.
    If you ever get stuck dont be afraid to ask a fellow motorhomer for help
    weve all been there
    Safe travels
    Geo

3. Wintonian

Wintonian Read Only Funster

It may be an obvious question, but have you checked under the driver's seat, in the seat box??:Smile:

Otherwise, I would be off to the supplying dealer to have some strong words. I think that it is fair to assume that a dealer supplied vehicle should have the essential emergency kit included. Any dealer not checking to see that it is present, and not informing a buyer if it is not is guilty of misrepresentation and negligence.:Angry:

4. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Manufacturer supplied jacks and wheel braces are a joke really.

Goto a car accessory shop, buy a decent bottle jack and an extending wheel brace wrench and chuck em in the back of a locker. When you need to change a wheel it will be the best £25 you ever spent!!!:thumb:

5. Wintonian

Wintonian Read Only Funster

I fully agree with dazzer. And after buying the bottle jack, get some very thick marine ply (WBP, actually) and cut pieces of 19mm glued together to make 38mm, each, say, 20 cm square. Glue some thick rubber two one surface. I have four of these for use with the stabilising jacks that I use for the rear of the Hymer. Used with a decent bottle jack you will make a better job of lifting the van when you get a puncture.

The only draw-back with using a bottle jack is the limited lift height. They are really more useful when lifting under the outer suspension components rather than the body/chassis. So make sure that you check the stroke length when you buy.

And the telescopic wheel nut wrench is a great idea. I have used one of those for many years.

6. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Yes it should come with one.

No, it won't be any use to you whatesoever - they are poorly designed for vans - not the motorhome!

Buy yourself a bottle jack, telescopic handle and socket. What I also keep on my hire vehicles for such an occasion are the following:

Hi-Viz vests for all occupants (so you can be seen roadside)
    Warning triangle ( keep well behind for a safety zone)
    Torches/Strobes (People can see you & you see what you are doing)
    Sheet of tarp (If you have to wait on the side of the bank, it provides shelter from sun/wind/rain - it is also something to kneel on when laying beneath/ changing a tyre)

Hopefully you will never need it, but at least you will be safe and dry should the worst happen. These are on top of tools/bulb kits.

7. saab95

saab95 Read Only Funster

i have checked everywhere but cant find it......should there be a box under drivers seat?

8. dshague

dshague Funster

how old is your van and is it fiat .from this info we should beable to say were the jack is kept:thumb:

9. saab95

saab95 Read Only Funster

its a 55 plate fiat ducato 2.8 jtd