Lpg (1 Viewer)

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
My brother has just arrived back from Italy and told me that he could not buy LPG any where something to do with tax. Does anyone no why.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I have only filled up twice in Italy, one was completed by the attendant no problem but the last time the station attendant said they were not supposed to fill GPL even to an external filler point, something to do with the Police and law. He put 5 euros worth in anyway but with the language barrier I couldn't establish exactly what the problem was.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Found this old post on Facts dated 2008..

Don is a well travelled and repected member on Fun..

In Italy recently we found that nearly all garages were not self service and we had problems getting the attendants to refill our Gaslow type bottles ( mounted properly inside the gas locker, with the filler outside).

One attendant even loudly explained that he "technoligally trained" and "it was dangerous" to refill bottles.
This is despite ours being professionally installed, with only the filler fitting visible. On the third station we called in to I fitted the adapter and simply pointed to it and said"fill it up please" so he did, but it was worrying as we only had a few days gas left.

Speaking to another motorhomer, he has also had similar problem, but again only in Italy..

Any suggestions or observations please??

Hi Mike,

It appears that LPG should not be sold for domestic use in vehicles. I know a couple of motorhomers that have been refused LPG.

I'm sure Eddie can clarify the situation.

We had no problems filling up in Sardinia.

Don

Reactions: SMB
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We were there a few weeks ago.........LPG no problem........ and only 43 pence/litre :D

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
My filler has AUTOGAS written on it so how could they tell what its used for?
I removed the GASLOW sticker for just this reason.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
xsparks
Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Regarding LPG in Italy my brother found the fuel no problem but they would not sell it to him.

Moritz

Free Member
Dec 7, 2015
Italy
Funster No
MH
Alkoven
Exp
since 2013
Hello,

It is true that in Italy it is a legal grey zone to refill LPG at the gas station for cooking/heating purpose. On the highways it's very likely to get refused a refill but off the highway it's easy. You can find a LPG Gas Station every 20km or so.

The farther south you go, the easier it gets

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back