LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just having bought a gasit system I am wondering how many MHers have changed their diesel for LPG, not for heating but to get from A to B... Is it worth it ..if possible?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I don't think it's that easy for diesel, although it can be done.... a conversion for a petrol engine is much easier :)

Strangely I was just saying to Martin today that if we still had our old Merc Hymer we would have put in a new engine with LPG conversion. It was a petrol engine and we got 18mpg if we were lucky :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Only practical with a petrol engine..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
It can be done but much easier with a petrol engine. The diesel conversions tend to be a fuel mix as far as I can tell and will probably negate any warranty.

I was just saying to Martin that if we still had our old Merc Hymer we would have had a new engine put in with an LPG option... it was a petrol engine and we used to get 18 mpg on a good run.

Sorry - almost a double post.... PC doing odd things I claim - but probably an "ID one zero T" operator error. ;)

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think it is easier to convert to Natural gas they do it on buses but never seen it on a private vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back