Lpg Underslung Tank - Southern England (1 Viewer)

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
I am considering replacing my gas bottles with an underslung lpg tank to free up the locker rather than replacing them with refillables.
I have bled google dry. Can anyone please recommend me an installer ideally near Portsmouth / Southampton or anywhere along the south coast. I am aware Autogas and Dave Newell are highly rated on this site, but is there a southern guru?

Vic

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Vic; can't do a recommendation, but having used 6 ferries on our last trip; by the end of the trip I was well sick of crawling underneath to the shutoff tap located on the van centreline. I'd enquire whether or not there's an economical way to have access to it near the side of the van. I'm not getting younger, my wife can't do it and I'm pretty slim; but it's a pain.
I've seen an installation that located the tank and valve under the side of the van, can't remember the model,
regards alan b
p.s was only asked if gas was off once.

Reactions: Vic

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I'd enquire whether or not there's an economical way to have access to it near the side of the van.
We have a shut-off valve for the tank installed in the old gas locker. We also kept the original regulator in situ so we can use bottle gas if required at any time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've never turned mine off at the tank on any ferry. I just turn it off at the valve where the feed comes into the MH, which is inside a kitchen cupboard.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Our first m/h was a Timberland Endeavor,this had an electrical switch as you stepped in through the side door,that shut off the tank valve.This was checked on several Tunnel crossings and always needed to be seen at the ferries,all passed it OK. Who made it ?I am sure Autogas 2000 will know about this,good luck.
Tea Bag

OldWomble

Free Member
Feb 22, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
AS Kemerton XL
Exp
25 years
Hi Vic

Go here http://www.gasit.co.uk/ I've fitted 4 systems now and 3 of them came from these guys and they are the most helpful by far, and the best prices.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
Hi Vic

Go here http://www.gasit.co.uk/ I've fitted 4 systems now and 3 of them came from these guys and they are the most helpful by far, and the best prices.
I,ll second gasit ,very helpful and a youtube channel.They,ll give 5% off if you belong to a motorhome club.(y)

OP
OP
V

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Thank you for your replies. If I cannot find someone down south then a trip to Autogas2000 is on the cards. The pub sounds a good idea too.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thank you for your replies. If I cannot find someone down south then a trip to Autogas2000 is on the cards. The pub sounds a good idea too.
The Kings Arms is only 1.5miles along A167 to Autogas2000 at Carlton Miniot , so very convenient.

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Vic; can't do a recommendation, but having used 6 ferries on our last trip; by the end of the trip I was well sick of crawling underneath to the shutoff tap located on the van centreline. I'd enquire whether or not there's an economical way to have access to it near the side of the van. I'm not getting younger, my wife can't do it and I'm pretty slim; but it's a pain.
I've seen an installation that located the tank and valve under the side of the van, can't remember the model,
regards alan b
p.s was only asked if gas was off once.
we have a solenoid shut off valve switched off from inside the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back