Apr 10, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2004
Hello all
We,ve been considering putting an LPG tank in at our buisiness premises for use with our

RV. Any info on costs or legalities would be of interest

ellen&terry :Smile:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I think your best option is to ask the lpg suppliers Calor or shell or whoever is in the area. Some will supply a tank for free and site it subject to a survey, you say you want to use it with the RV do you mean you want to have a connection from the tank to the vehicle. I would ask the question of the suppliers. there will no doubt be someone on here who may be able to enlighten you.:thumb::thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hello all
We,ve been considering putting an LPG tank in at our buisiness premises for use with our

I have no knowledge about it but I bet you could get a lot of info if google calor gas.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just been reading some bumf on this subject so i may be of help.

far too expensive for starters.

for each vehicle the recommended minimum milage is 100,000 miles per year, dependant on vehicles mpg, to make it viable taking into account the hidden costs of the actual installation and hire of the tank.

for an 'autogas' tank there is a minimum size concrete base for your tank which, for a 1900ltr tank, is 2,4mtr x 2.2mts x 150mm deep or 3.4mtr x 1.2mtr x 150mm depending on tank dimensions, which must meet building regs.

a site survey will be needed before any work commences as there are many 'site' variables to take into account.

planning permission is recommended or even a requirement.

the electrical supply must be via 3 core armoured cable and all associated switchgear etc, rated at minimum 32amps, again it must be certified by a registered electrician.

this info is only what i just read from countrywide autogas.

Oh...and you will pay very near the same price for gas as you would at the pumps.

hope this helps :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
more info here ..

Link Removed

bear in mind the liter price quoted is without road fuel duty

OP
OP
E

ellen

Free Member
Apr 10, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks everyone just a thought:Blush:
Never mind back to the petrol station!!!! :Doh:

ellen&terry :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Hello all

I seem to recall that back in the days of the ARVC, more than one member who had a gas conversion on their RV converted their buisness premises to Calor fired heating. What the connection, metaphorically or literally, was I don't know :winky:

Malcolm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back