Free Member
Mar 25, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit Dethleffs
Exp
Newbies
We had our Alugas bottles (2x11kg) fitted by Autogas Leisure and can't praise them highly enough. We live only an hour away so I dropped off our van, went for a walk and returned to a completed job. If you live further away they have overnight facilities. Ours was half the price we got quoted for Gaslow. As we only had 6 kg bottles before and had the hassle of changing in the middle of the night, this set up with only one valve to close and one to open has improved our camping enormously.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
11kg Gaslow bottle with manual changeover to 6kg Calor standby bottle if we run out of the Gaslow.

Filler is in the locker and I've never been refused in France or UK.

Fitted the system myself and the whole system can be transferred from one Motorhome to another if you sell them and there's no more scraped knuckles or crushed toes lifting bottles in and out - which is much easier for me as I get older.

Initial outlay around £200 but buying cheaper gas from LPG stations instead of using Calor bottles it should pay for itself in a year or two.

Pilote Gaslow System 1.jpg

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Looks a neat job Keith but I personally preferred to have the filler outside and when I sell the van, leave a blank cap for the next owner, who based on recent fashion will have Gaslow or similar fitted anyway.

Kelso

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Whitchurch, Hants
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
10 years
We have Gaslow fitted and it saves a fortune.But one thing I found out was that it is impossable to get LPG in Denmark !!, so if you are touring that part of europe, make sure you top up in Germany before going over The boarder.

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Just fitted the GAS IT twin 11kg bottle with exterior filler kit. Great - fill cost me just £29 and a few pence. Plus filling at local Bee Pee station adds to my Nectar points total. The cost of refills has got very steep and another benefit is that as we are both getting older and less able, there is no more lifting heavy bottles up or down in and out of the locker which is much higher in our van than some of the pics on here in this thread. The GAS IT system was considerably cheaper that the other brand. There are several suppliers and like everything, you make your own decisions - until the government tells you you can't that is!

cazian

Free Member
Jan 14, 2014
wales
Funster No
MH
low profile motorhome
Exp
since 2008
We had 2 x 11kg bottles with auto changeover and external filler fitted by Autogas 2000 near Thirsk. Exellent service, even let us stay in their yard overnight and hooked us up. Also bought a set of three European fillers from them. We have filled up in Spain no problem and very cheap 65 cents per litre.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have a Gaslow and a Gasit cylinder in my van. Originally had the Gaslow and go the second cylinder from Gasit. Other than the colour and the price I can't tell the difference.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I don't think I am going to make the fix it meet. but if you are in my neck of the woods anytime. you can do mine. nice to hear from you Andy.
can you let me know if your not going to make it pleas :crying:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back