lpg stations and breakdown cover (1 Viewer)

bigmacs

Free Member
Sep 15, 2008
Ilfracombe, N. Devon
Funster No
MH
ford econoline
Exp
3 years
please, please, please!! give me a link for a list of lpg stations in Spain, we are going on the Dec 19th Plymouth to Santander ferry and staying for at least 4 months (possibly more), driving down to Almeria. Also any suggestions for the best breakdown cover, we have a 27ft american motorhome but quite an elderly old girl....she gets plenty of TLC but who knows!!!!!
Thanks
Pat:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There is a download for the LPG stations on here somwhere.
Regarding the breakdown cover,I too have an elderly RV and am with ADAC a German company who I find very reasonable pricewise with a good cover.Plenty of imfo about them on here.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
please, please, please!! give me a link for a list of lpg stations in Spain, we are going on the Dec 19th Plymouth to Santander ferry and staying for at least 4 months (possibly more), driving down to Almeria. Also any suggestions for the best breakdown cover, we have a 27ft american motorhome but quite an elderly old girl....she gets plenty of TLC but who knows!!!!!
Thanks

Yes, there is definitely a download on this site for LPG (GLP) in Spain, but, But, BUT!!! before you go do you have one of the new REPSOL connecting adapters for your tank?????

Most of the stations and all of the ones that I have visited now have this fitting, sorry I don't have a link for you but the adapter you need has a non return valve built into it, I have seen it sold in Germany for about 35E but also have been asked to pay 75E in Spain for one.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks

The fitting you want is a Euro adaptor here: Link Removed

Its been introduced by the EU to standardise fillers across the EU and will eventually replace all the others.

Here's a poi for Autogas in spain or go to this map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie...74623,-3.021863&spn=8.908127,21.51123&t=h&z=6

Olley

Attachments

• Autogas Spain 18-10-10.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 15

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
The fitting you want is a Euro adaptor here: Link Removed

Its been introduced by the EU to standardise fillers across the EU and will eventually replace all the others.

Here's a poi for Autogas in spain or go to this map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie...74623,-3.021863&spn=8.908127,21.51123&t=h&z=6

Olley

Hi Olley, I may have this all wrong but that adaptor will not fit an American on board gas tank. The thread on the gas tank is on the outside of the filler point and not the inside.
Jim
:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Olley, I may have this all wrong but that adaptor will not fit an American on board gas tank. The thread on the gas tank is on the outside of the filler point and not the inside.
Jim

Hi Jim

you also need the bayonet with an internal thread
http://www.abp-accessories.co.uk/productindi.php?id=2007

LPG Bayonet to ACME adapter with an internal thread. Threaded for W21.8mm fittings such as the Spanish Quick Connector, small Bayonet adaptor and small French/Italian adaptors.

LPG-BT-LPG-BT.jpg

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Jim

Yep, thats the one I have for the UK and then the claw type for France.

So are we now saying that you screw the bayonet adaptor on and then the Euro adaptor into that. ?

Jim

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim

Yep, thats the one I have for the UK and then the claw type for France.

So are we now saying that you screw the bayonet adaptor on and then the Euro adaptor into that. ?

Jim

yes, they both 21.8mm thread ..

This is the NEW Euro filler adapter it screws (thread w21.8mm) into the flush fillers or
the standard bayonet fillers sometimes found on LPG vehicles or Motorhomes that have a
fixed bulk domestic tank with an auxiliary filling point.

At the moment it seems to be only found in parts of Spain.

The adapter can be fitted, used and then removed by hand.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Cheers Jim, didnt see that 21.8mm Thread Diameter.

Just looking at the pictures again. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back