LPG price comparison map

Discussion in 'Motorhome Maps' started by keith, Jun 22, 2012.

1. keith

keith Funster

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

useful location info.....even if quite incomplete (none shown in the Scarborough area but we have at least three outlets within 3 miles).

don't rely on the quoted prices.....many are up to 18 months out of date.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pappajohn

the quoted prices for 'Countrywide' outlets, mostly west central down to Devon, will be the account holder prices...non-account prices are much higher....the local outlet charge what they want i reckon.

I paid 90ppl last year at Malvern...the account holder price was 69p.
    I am now an account holder with a fixed max price of just 72.4p

4. keith

keith Funster

The site says you can add others if you know they are missing. A job for you John. :Doh:

5. pappajohn

another web site to register with and log in to edit.......:Doh:

I don't visit enough garages to be able to update prices but the three in scarborough are....

BATA...opposite Morrisons on the A64......approx 72ppl (the pump says 74p but discounted in store)

Seamer rd filling stn next to B&Q......approx 72.9ppl

Primrose valley garage on the A165 opposite Butlins, Filey....approx 74ppl

6. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

We paid 69.9p/ litre yesterday at Donington Services , jctn 24 M1:Smile:

7. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

The prices quoted are inclusive of "Road Fuel Excise Duty" at 15.9p per litre and VAT at 20%. This duty eliment is due to go up by 3p a litre on 1st August. The rate of road duty is quoted in Kgs £0.3161 p/kg now and £0.3734 p/kg from 1st August. 1 litre of LPG weighs 0.5kg approx. (ie 22 litres = 11kg)

Countrywide will supply LPG for Heating and Refrigeration at 5% VAT. Calor Gas Limited will also do this, at their main Calor Gas owned depots. These companies require you to set up an account, so that they can reasure themselves that the LPG is being used for domestic and not propulsion purposes.

If gas can be supplied from a supply not "set aside for propulsion" the road fuel excise duty does not apply. In places where this cannot be done the gas can still be supplied at 5% VAT. (HMRC charge the excise duty to the garage on delivery to the Autogas tank)

Grizebeck Filling Station in the south lakes will now also supply Motorhomes with LPG at 5%VAT. He is looking at ways of having a separate supply so that he can supply without road fuel excise duty. Most of his LPG trade is with Motorhomes.

VAT Public Notice 76 applies.

John

• Like Like x 1
  8. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

65.9 at BP on Kirkstall road leeds
    The Asdas too about that price.

Just waiting for new washers for my hoses before filling my newly added bottle.
    WTF we still have W20 butane connections in this day and age is a nonsense! its high time manufacturers made ALL connections a simple and proven JIC unit.

9. vwalan

vwalan Funster

nothing wrong with w20 been around years bad workman blame their tools . e bay 30 quid .works every time .
    anyway you are now going to use propane so why not use propane fittings .or have you got one of those lash up refill bottle botches .

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  10. Techno

It has nothing to do with tools.
    It's a connection that requires a sealing washer that often leaks at a time after testing and needs to be replaced
    JIC is a connection standard that simply needs nothing but a spanner.

11. Techno

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  12. Techno

Washers are too prone to degradation.
    I had a water meter installed 8 months ago and while on holiday for 3 weeks it started leaking on the joints either side under my sink. The result is a ruined carcass that is extremely difficult to replace. If someone/body like the JIC come up with a better connection method it ought to be embraced.It does not matter how long something has been around if it can be made obsolete by progress.
    A company as big as Gaslow could/ought to take the initiative and have regulators and gas bottle valves made with JIC fittings. I know if there were a choice which I would adopt.

13. vwalan

vwalan Funster

i,m just suprised you havent got a few spares in your tool box . i thought most people carry a few spares like that. hee hee .come on smile .
    by the way you did have a choice .but took the gaslow route . you could have gone a different route .
    as it is it still says butane on the advert . perhaps gas low arent so smart as my propane system doesnt use w20 it uses a lh pol thread. Bes do the washers very cheap .always worth having a few spares . .. smile .you know it makes sense.

14. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Just found this.............thought it worth a bump for those of us that didn't know it was there (in view of recent lpg threads) :Smile:

15. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Right then, I was just 'avin a butchers' at the prices to see how useful it would be......

On the way to the Outer Hebrides via Isle of Skye I could fill up with gas at Broadford for 70p per litre............or just before getting on the ferry at Uig at 85p per litre :Eek!:

Hmm.......... just goes to show you can not always assume that local prices will be similar :Eek!:

The REAL shocker is Aberdeen.........70p or £1 per litre:Eeek:

:thumb:

16. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I realise this thread was started some time back but for those amongst us with smart phones there is a good interactive app by these people "FillLPG"

• Like Like x 4
  17. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Thanks for that! Just loaded it onto my Tab and looks good!

18. The Rowleys

The Rowleys Read Only Funster

Thanks for info re LPG. Very useful. We're pretty new to pumped gas so are still identifying a network of stations. Re the price....if you're running out, any price is cheap !!!! :Eeek:
    Cheers Bob & Sandra (aka The Rowleys)

19. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

i prefer to use fillLPG on my phone. they have a free app and it is updated with prices frequently. the phone knows where you are and shows all local stations on a clear map

take a look at http://www.filllpg.co.uk/