LPG on the M5? (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Going to Vanbitz tomorrow to have some toys fitted (from Tewkesbury, junction 9) and wondered if any of the motorway services I pass sell LPG? If not I know of a couple of places just off the motorway. Thanks.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Get the app mylpg.eu
It shows loads of places you can fill up in the UK and Europe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I 2nd Asda cribbs causeway just off M5 junction 17
GLP pumps far right as you go in to fuel stop.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Second exit after M4, there is the A38 Almondsbury junction first.
On the M5 yes, I come on from the M4 and the junction to the M5 is combined with the A38 junction. So any one coming from the M4 it's the first on the M5.

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Going to Vanbitz tomorrow to have some toys fitted (from Tewkesbury, junction 9) and wondered if any of the motorway services I pass sell LPG? If not I know of a couple of places just off the motorway. Thanks.
Hi, I think you'll find that Vanbitz have their own tank

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Oyster Cytrak Satellite system, new Avtex telly and Waeco radio/head unit to replace the poor stuff supplied by Carthago, Batterymaster and a 12v socket fitted as there is none fitted as standard. Will Vanbitz actually sell me some lpg?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Oyster Cytrak Satellite system, new Avtex telly and Waeco radio/head unit to replace the poor stuff supplied by Carthago, Batterymaster and a 12v socket fitted as there is none fitted as standard. Will Vanbitz actually sell me some lpg?
I believe that Vanbitz have a tank to heat the water on the campsite, but I never saw a retail pump.
Best to fill up en route

How about a security system ?

#NoGrowlerNoSecurity

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I had a system fitted at not inconsiderable cost by Elite before I took delivery that, in hindsight I wish I hadn't. It goes off most mornings when the van warms up (?) and only has a weedy siren. It seems to be over sensitive and probably picks up spiders farting or flies coughing.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I had a system fitted at not inconsiderable cost by Elite before I took delivery that, in hindsight I wish I hadn't. It goes off most mornings when the van warms up (?) and only has a weedy siren. It seems to be over sensitive and probably picks up spiders farting or flies coughing.
Lesson learned ?

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Got it from Asda at Cribbs Causeway thanks. A very French type of petrol station I found, tight turns and a lady in a kiosk to pay whom you can't reach from the window and have to get out of the van to pay.......

Went to junction 25 Sainsbury's for diesel but couldn't see the gas pump?

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
Got it from Asda at Cribbs Causeway thanks. A very French type of petrol station I found, tight turns and a lady in a kiosk to pay whom you can't reach from the window and have to get out of the van to pay.......

Went to junction 25 Sainsbury's for diesel but couldn't see the gas pump?
Gas pump is first pump far left

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
They sold me 2 bottles full when they fitted my Gaslow system so a quick phone call may do the trick.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back