Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We have a bulk tank on our motorhome. The nearest place to fill is Murcia Repsol but this depot has a sliding gate that looks to be below 3m in height. I am going to check it out.

Went from this site to Alicanti Repsol depot. Great access 2 pumps one using the new euro adaptor and the other using the UK/Spanish one.

This trip was 268K return and tolls of 13.20€ Making the gas refill quite expensive.

Today I went out to get a bottle. There is apparently a law in Spain now that prevents dealers selling/Hiring out a bottle. You have to have your full motorhome installation inspected and approved by a company engineer at a cost of 160 to 200€ before they will supply a bottle. I tried both Repsol and Cespa as well as a caravan dealer, who gave me the information. Garages simply said not possible but offered no explanation.

It would seem that the only way to get a bottle now is on the black market or at a car boot sale in Spain.

John

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The Spanish seem to put so much in the way for MH tourists it's a wonder we bother.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well you never ever used to be able to obtain anything other than Camping Gaz for use whilst camping or caravanning, in France or Spain. We've always (since 1976 at least!) had to take Camping Gaz when tenting.

In France, you can now refill your Gaslow system at some petrol stations these days, but as I see it other than that, nothing has changed has it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The Spanish seem to put so much in the way for MH tourists it's a wonder we bother.
Seeing as there entire economy seems to be based on fly in package deal tourism
Thats comes as no suprise to me:RollEyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
In France, you can now refill your Gaslow system at some petrol stations these days, but as I see it other than that, nothing has changed has it?

You can buy bottled LPG in just about any garage and supermarket in France without an inquisition ..

Spain has always been a problem.. I 'borrowed' one from the camp site shop.. when we left I asked if I could keep and they said .. no problemo .. thereafter, no problem exchanging..

Morocco.. they give em away .. bottled gas is sold on every street corner and it's cheap..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You can buy bottled LPG in just about any garage and supermarket in France without an inquisition ..

Spain has always been a problem.. I 'borrowed' one from the camp site shop.. when we left I asked if I could keep and they said .. no problemo .. thereafter, no problem exchanging..

Morocco.. they give em away .. bottled gas is sold on every street corner and it's cheap..
Any gasworks in Morocco will fill any bottle even English.

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
It may be worth trying Galp gas for a bottle i was told tonight they only wanted €4 deposit no contract but dont hold me to it,good luck
Trev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back