Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks JJ and may I say you are looking very plain and drab in the photo:thumb: (private joke see I remembered JJ)

Jhorsf................JJ risked life and limb just to take that photo and report back....."what does it say about not using your mobile phone in a Petrol station********* " could been another major incident.... disaster Blast at a filling station while taking onboard LPG /PLG.......
But being the reporter he is..... JJ..... got the story and photo......can not wait for the next edition of JJs reporting...... as it should be from our house here in France :winky: as I think tomorrow is when he will be calling ......what tales will he have to tell....overnight stop...before the Tunnel and back on Brit soil again.

Mel:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
"what does it say about not using your mobile phone in a Petrol station********* " could been another major incident.... disaster Blast at a filling station while taking onboard LPG /PLG.......

and forecourt covered in cooked Fray Bentos pies :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: maybe they spotted my m/h fun sticker and did not like it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: maybe they spotted my m/h fun sticker and did not like it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Niggle, with all due respect, members are becoming a tad irritated that you won't say what circumstances were when you were refused LPG .. and if you have an external filler or not.

Several posters have asked yet you still joke about it .. It's not a joking matter for those with Gaslow systems and about to embark on the ferry.

Stop the speculation and give us the full details please..

thanks

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyupluv
"what does it say about not using your mobile phone in a Petrol station********* " could been another major incident.... disaster Blast at a filling station while taking onboard LPG /PLG.......
Mel

and forecourt covered in cooked Fray Bentos pies

But I bet the can would still be unopened... they are indestructible..

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyupluv
Mel

and forecourt covered in cooked Fray Bentos pies

But I bet the can would still be unopened... they are indestructible..

Hahahaha..............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb: I have heard they use them when testing the TANKS......to imitate going over land mines they seem to be the tin they can re-use over and over and over again for the next TANK and the next TANK and so on :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Niggle, with all due respect, members are becoming a tad irritated that you won't say what circumstances were when you were refused LPG .. and if you have an external filler or not.

Several posters have asked yet you still joke about it .. It's not a joking matter for those with Gaslow systems and about to embark on the ferry.

Stop the speculation and give us the full details please..

quote again ??????????? fitted to the m/h by GAS LOW on a auto trail cheiftan nozzle in gas locker fixed to bulk head all pipes are stainless steel braided with auto change oaver and the right 30 regulator,,, ::bigsmile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
HI NIGGLE if I read it correctly......You are going inside your LOCKER to connect to the filling unit point, which is fastened to your strong part of the motorhome the bulkhead as those nozzles are quite heavy with the pipe attached.... as some times you have to leave connected while you press the button......I THINK IS THE PROBLEM......IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING INSIDE THE GAS BOTTLE LOCKER, .....I AM NOW WONDERING IF YOU HAVE A OUTSIDE FILLER CONNECTION LIKE ON A NORMAL CARS ...THAT WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM..............THEY CAN NOT SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING INSIDE THE LOCKER ...( I THINK THE AUTOTRAIL HAVE A SMALL GAS BOTTLE BOX) !!!!!??????

And rightly so stopping you.....because when you disconnect the nozzle you leave a certain amount of gas inside the locker on disconnection!!....which will be very dangerous......boooom boooom

MEL:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
no they are 2x 12 kg,,, the auot trail locker is a third bigger than yours ???with fittings made on build by them, for lpg ?? thats why i got it apart fro the 8.5 meter lenth and two full size beds ?

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
LPG

HI NIGGLE if I read it correctly......You are going inside your LOCKER to connect to the filling unit point, which is fastened to your strong part of the motorhome the bulkhead as those nozzles are quite heavy with the pipe attached.... as some times you have to leave connected while you press the button......I THINK IS THE PROBLEM......IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING INSIDE THE GAS BOTTLE LOCKER, .....I AM NOW WONDERING IF YOU HAVE A OUTSIDE FILLER CONNECTION LIKE ON A NORMAL CARS ...THAT WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM..............THEY CAN NOT SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING INSIDE THE LOCKER ...( I THINK THE AUTOTRAIL HAVE A SMALL GAS BOTTLE BOX) !!!!!??????

And rightly so stopping you.....because when you disconnect the nozzle you leave a certain amount of gas inside the locker on disconnection!!....which will be very dangerous......boooom boooom

MEL:thumb:

With resect, this is not so. Any small amount of gas discharged on disconnection will evaporate almost instantly, certainly before you have replaced the nozzle in the pump and replaced the cover on the gaslow inlet. By the time you close the locker door there will be no gas present, even if there were it would exit via the built in gas seepage vents which are present in all motorhome/ caravan gas lockers. There will NOT be any boooom or other danger and this prectice is no more dangerous than using an external filler.

Car boots do not have gas seepage vents in them. That is why they must have the filler external, just in case of residual gas. Remember gas is heavier than air so any residual in the motorhome locker will dissipate as I describe. Any seepage would tend to stay in the car boot because of the shape and lack of ventilation.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Glad you said that! - I mean Gaslow sell the ruddy fillers and the brackets specifically to put em in the locker - would be exceptionally iffy for them if there was a problem with it.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
no they are 2x 12 kg,,, the auot trail locker is a third bigger than yours ???with fittings made on build by them, for lpg ?? thats why i got it apart fro the 8.5 meter lenth and two full size beds ?

Erm, Still not sure what your situation is. Simple question.

Do you have to open an external locker door to fill up your gaslow with LPG?

I don't care about the structure of your van or how big the locker is or how many beds and what size they are.... :Doh:

This seems to be the only question that matters at the moment so....:Blush:

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Dont matter where it is in or out ?? They were stopping french,, english,, belguns ,,dutch,, and green martians,, from filling up bottles and tanks,if used for heating /cooking ok .

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
LPG

Dont matter where it is in or out ?? They were stopping french,, english,, belguns ,,dutch,, and green martians,, from filling up bottles and tanks,if used for heating /cooking ok .

So is it a tax clampdown (on gas used for heating and cooking) and nothing to do with safety scares after all.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I think he has answered the question Karl .. .. it's IN the locker ..

Ooops, missed that sorry. :Doh:

Ok, it seems everyone so far who has been stopped from filling has had to open a locker.

I think the next thing to ascertain is.. Has anyone who has a permanent external filler been stopped from filling yet?:getmecoat:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back