Lpg/gpl

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by lugnutt, Sep 12, 2013.

1. lugnutt

lugnutt Funster Life Member

hi i have been thinking about lpg ,witch way is best to go i have an autotrail .been looking at refillable gas bottles gas low ect ect i know tonka has done a cool system another friend has a under slung tank the question i wont to ask has anybody fitted a tank in the existing locker ?can this be done? the place i fill up my rv actually make tanks to measure. most tanks iv seen are cylinder types but this one needs to be square or am i just dreaming???

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

im sure LPG tanks must be cylindrical or teriodal (do-nut)....square tank wont take the pressure without deforming.

never seen any kind of square pressure vessel....air, liquid or gas

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

as above, high pressure tanks must be round to take the pressure. turn an lpg cylinder over and you can see the tank is seamless and has a curved top and bottom too.

underslung tanks are great as they free off the locker. however they are more expensive and need renewing or recertifying every 15 years. thats easy with portable tanks but not underslung

you can also take portable cylinder with you if you change vans

4. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

My underslung 55litre tank is great and we have an extra locker as well !! We use our van a lot and I just fill up 3 - 4 times a year, this week at 68p a litre

5. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Fitted Gas-it single 11kg bottle with a skirt mounted filler point to our Autotrail... Never looked back.. Highly recommend.. Mitch... :thumb: