Nov 21, 2016
Crevillent, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Fiat 2.8 Miller
Exp
Since 2016
Hi to you all.
Like a lot of you I have a 1992 1.9 td Ducato with a Rimmer motorhome attached.
It has a fixed LPG tank for the water,cooking, fridge and heating.
All work fine except that the gas level gauge dosn`t work so my question is
can I top the tank up, without using the gauge.
The gauge is integral with the filler and supply valve.
If I need a different Forum can anybody suggest one please.

Three wheels

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi and welcome the gas pump will stop automatically when tank is full so in theory you don't need the gauge.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You'll find the gauge on the tank is simply a plastic component held with a single screw. It has no connection with the tank interior as the pointer is moved by a magnet inside the tank. The magnet is attached to the 80% cut-off float. This means that you can simply remove & replace the gauge. If you have a gauge inside the MH then its sender is attached to the tank in the same way and can simply be removed and replaced.

This is a gauge and sensor:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
except on some lpg tanks the level sensor is attached to the 80% valve which IS inside the tank. therefore the tank needs to be empty before you can remove and fix the gauge. as said already though, you can still refill the tank safely as it is designed to shut off at 80% full
best way to "see" the tank level is use an infra red thermometer pointed at the tank to spot the point where the side temperature drops. this is the liquid level inside the tank

OP
OP
Three wheels

Three wheels

Free Member
Nov 21, 2016
Funster No
MH
Fiat 2.8 Miller
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Tonyidle
I thought that it was magnetic, as the plastic cover came off whilst doing some work on the skirt,and the pointer followed.
Hence when I replaced the pointer I realised it was magnetic, and it did work but the pointer keeps dropping of the spindle
in side the plastic cover.
Which means removing the skirt again thats why I joined this group to find more information. All I can say is what a find your group is .
Thanks to everyone who responded.

Three wheels

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I have an underslung tank, and the eBay part looks nothing like my gauge, mine is metal with a plastic lens.

As has been said previously the gauge has no bearing on filling the tank, it is only an indicator of its contents.

The float will stop the fill at 80% of the tanks contents.

Hymie.

OP
OP
Three wheels

Three wheels

Free Member
Nov 21, 2016
Funster No
MH
Fiat 2.8 Miller
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Again.
I´m sorry but this is my first experience of forums and I´m hitting brick walls ( not a wiz kid).
So , If you get this and its not up your street sorry, all I wanted to do was post a new post.
As before I have a 1992 fiat ducato rimor sloop 560, and i need a replacement sink unit, as mine has perished around the
tap, at the moment I´m making alloy plates to support the tap, but will not look nice.
Tried the NET and no joy, but then again not a wiz kid.
So can someone give me a nudge in the right direction please.

Three wheels

OP
OP
Three wheels

Three wheels

Free Member
Nov 21, 2016
Funster No
MH
Fiat 2.8 Miller
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Theonlysue
Tried and no I think its a breakers yard which I need .
I have seen photos on the NET, rimor sloop 506 ,and seen our sink unit , but still trying.
Thanks
Three wheels

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Did you find anything ? If not I've used these online.
There is also another place in Fortuna, Murcia that has a fair range but I cannot remember the name & have lost the link.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I think you may struggle finding a sink for a 25 year old van.
Designs and materials are constantly evolving.
If it's the kitchen sink you may have to look for a similar, but newer, one and modify/cut the worktop hole to suit the sink instead of trying to find a sink to suit the worktop hole.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Again.
I´m sorry but this is my first experience of forums and I´m hitting brick walls ( not a wiz kid).
So , If you get this and its not up your street sorry, all I wanted to do was post a new post.
As before I have a 1992 fiat ducato rimor sloop 560, and i need a replacement sink unit, as mine has perished around the
tap, at the moment I´m making alloy plates to support the tap, but will not look nice.
Tried the NET and no joy, but then again not a wiz kid.
So can someone give me a nudge in the right direction please.

Three wheels
I assume its the washroom sink like this one that needs replacing?

If so you might be able to find one that can be placed on top of the existing one alternatively you could make a piece to fit on top of the sink out of a sheet of ABS to blend in with the rest and fit the tap through that. Another option would be to go to a fabrication company and get them to make you an alloy version and a matching piece to go on top of the shelf section to make it look as if it should be there.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just a thought ... if the tap hole has gone brittle etc, make sure you check the plug-hole too as they are well known for this so better to strengthen it now than wait until it cracks.

OP
OP
Three wheels

Three wheels

Free Member
Nov 21, 2016
Funster No
MH
Fiat 2.8 Miller
Exp
Since 2016
Hi to all
Sorry for not replying to your helpfull responces , LPG TANK, BATHROOM SINK, but I´m still trying to get used to this Forum thing, I read the home pages but never think to check my responces.
Anyway I did what had to be done and moved it on , sold it for more than I paid ( these things hold their prices well in Spain ) and bought another more to our likeing not new but we both love it.
We try and get around Spain interior and the coast at least once every month but avoid the times when the Spanish are on holidays ( they are unbelievable ).
Thanks again.
Come on you TIGERS

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back