glenstu

Free Member
Mar 6, 2013
Gainsborough ,Lincs
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SLS
Exp
Hi, would like some advice please. Going on the Eurotunnel shortly. Finding lots of useful information on this site. Thank you very much. Have got 2 full fixed 6 kg bottles that's all the cupboard holds. Is it ok to take an extra 6 kg bottle and carry it inside the motorhome? :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Dunno, but we've just done 5 weeks and didn't make much inroad into our 11g tank. You don't use much just for cooking and a bit of hot water.

OP
OP
glenstu

glenstu

Free Member
Mar 6, 2013
Gainsborough ,Lincs
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SLS
Exp
Thanks for the info does that include running a fridge?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We have always taken a spare French 15kg bottle with us without any problem.

The regulations say you can take up to 50kg.

As Brian said, though, you might be surprised how little you use.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for the info does that include running a fridge?

A lot of the time we were on hookup so it was on electric. We do like good hot showers so end up on campsites a lot. Pretty expensive showers I guess.

We have one Gaslow 11kg tank, so just about no problem on LPG supply.

The other side of the storey, that tank lasts about 3 days without hookup in the winter. The central heating is the killer, obviously.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We have 2 x 11 kg Gaslow bottles and rarely, if ever, hook up. In summer, in France and Italy, we have not used one full bottle yet on a trip (usually 2 -3 weeks) and LPG is for cooking, fridge and hot water - and a bit of barbecuing). In May we spent 3 weeks in Scotland without hookup and used just over 1 bottle - 26 litres I think - for cooking, fridge, hot water and quite a bit of heating (it was 'parky' up there most of the time).

Abroad, we use aires more than campsites so rely on the van's shower too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
glenstu

glenstu

Free Member
Mar 6, 2013
Gainsborough ,Lincs
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SLS
Exp
French Gas Bottle

Is there an equivalent 6kg French gas bottle and roughly how much do they cost, please

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Is there an equivalent 6kg French gas bottle and roughly how much do they cost, please

We bought one last year while there, you have to have a French regulator as well , the whole thing was about £25 , I think, but you just hook it up to rubber pipe and away you go, refills are far cheaper, we still have it and will take it back with us this year

OP
OP
glenstu

glenstu

Free Member
Mar 6, 2013
Gainsborough ,Lincs
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SLS
Exp
We bought one last year while there, you have to have a French regulator as well , the whole thing was about £25 , I think, but you just hook it up to rubber pipe and away you go, refills are far cheaper, we still have it and will take it back with us this year
Thank you for that. I think that's the answer. It sounds from your experiences that I will have enough gas anyway and if I do run out will buy a French one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back