LPG Cooker advise

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by rupes, Feb 21, 2014.

1. rupes

rupes Read Only Funster

Hi All,

I'm renovating a large bus for a client into a home. They want the best LPG cooker out there, space & weight isn't really an issue. Just to run on propane and not require elec.

Choices are either the spinflo caprice or stoves 500 dit with hobs. There are some really nice looking marine cookers but they seem to small and over priced for what they are (metal box !)

The other route i'm considering and favouring is buying a spinflo duplex (built in oven/grill).
    Then buying a nice cast iron domestic 2 hob burner and setting that into the worktop.
    The spinflo half midi prima oven also looks good but it mentions it requires 12 volts. There will be a solar array but i wanted to keep demand to a minimum.

When it comes to built in ovens/grills whats the best one out there ?

thanks in advance for any pointers

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  2. wasp

wasp Funster

Are you Gas Safe registered for lpg residentials and leisure accommodation vehicles??

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

out of preference, the stoves version every time.

4. rupes

rupes Read Only Funster

I'll hire someone to do the gas install, can't seem to find a built in unit from stoves with just an oven & grill. (no hobs)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  5. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

If space and weight is not a problem why not just buy a decent household type cooker set up for LPG or even commercial grade stuff, probably work out cheaper than leisure vehicle or maritime equipment and more than likely better built.

6. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

If space and weight are not a problem get yourself a Range Master .excellent product.lol

7. rupes

rupes Read Only Funster

Range stuff if very nice but i don't have any mains electricity, really want an oven without any electricity demands. Also i should of been a little more clear, the oven can't really be more than 60 cm wide but weight is not a prob.

Commercial grade catering equip is a little large and don't think they can be built in. Problem with household cookers is that the vast majority run cooling fans so thats sadly not an option

Any other brand recommendations greatly received

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  8. Terry

Terry Funster

Either the cookers you mention are good and the only leccey they will require will be 12v for the ignition :Smile: Go for one that matches the decor of the van IE red upholstery red cooker ,cream =cream cooker etc, -not important to most men but very important to women :BigGrin:
    I opted for or should I say was told to go for a red one :BigGrin: Which had 3 gas ring and one Mains leccy (oven and grill are gas only)giving us options on fuel sauce to cook with
    http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=76
    terry

9. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

ovens and hobs will onlyuse 12v for ignition so very little current neededyou can use any domestic appliance its only the jets that have tto be changed and most now come with both
    biggest problem with domestic cookers is you need to fix the burners pan frets and oven shelves in place to stop them rattling or jumping of