Free Member
Feb 21, 2014
devon
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hi All,

I'm renovating a large bus for a client into a home. They want the best LPG cooker out there, space & weight isn't really an issue. Just to run on propane and not require elec.

Choices are either the spinflo caprice or stoves 500 dit with hobs. There are some really nice looking marine cookers but they seem to small and over priced for what they are (metal box !)

The other route i'm considering and favouring is buying a spinflo duplex (built in oven/grill).
Then buying a nice cast iron domestic 2 hob burner and setting that into the worktop.
The spinflo half midi prima oven also looks good but it mentions it requires 12 volts. There will be a solar array but i wanted to keep demand to a minimum.

When it comes to built in ovens/grills whats the best one out there ?

thanks in advance for any pointers

Last edited:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Are you Gas Safe registered for lpg residentials and leisure accommodation vehicles??

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
out of preference, the stoves version every time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rupes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2014
devon
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'll hire someone to do the gas install, can't seem to find a built in unit from stoves with just an oven & grill. (no hobs)

Last edited:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
If space and weight is not a problem why not just buy a decent household type cooker set up for LPG or even commercial grade stuff, probably work out cheaper than leisure vehicle or maritime equipment and more than likely better built.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
If space and weight are not a problem get yourself a Range Master .excellent product.lol

OP
OP
R

rupes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2014
devon
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Range stuff if very nice but i don't have any mains electricity, really want an oven without any electricity demands. Also i should of been a little more clear, the oven can't really be more than 60 cm wide but weight is not a prob.

Commercial grade catering equip is a little large and don't think they can be built in. Problem with household cookers is that the vast majority run cooling fans so thats sadly not an option

Any other brand recommendations greatly received

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Either the cookers you mention are good and the only leccey they will require will be 12v for the ignition :Smile: Go for one that matches the decor of the van IE red upholstery red cooker ,cream =cream cooker etc, -not important to most men but very important to women ::bigsmile:
I opted for or should I say was told to go for a red one ::bigsmile: Which had 3 gas ring and one Mains leccy (oven and grill are gas only)giving us options on fuel sauce to cook with
Link Removed
terry

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ovens and hobs will onlyuse 12v for ignition so very little current neededyou can use any domestic appliance its only the jets that have tto be changed and most now come with both
biggest problem with domestic cookers is you need to fix the burners pan frets and oven shelves in place to stop them rattling or jumping of

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back