LPG Conversion

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by MerseyMc, Dec 4, 2008.

1. MerseyMc

MerseyMc Deleted User

Hi Everyone
    I had my G Reg Auto-Sleeper converted to run on LPG some years ago. How easy would it be to convert all my appliances; heater, cooker, fridge etc. to run on LPG as well? This would save me having to tote around gas canisters and free up the gas locker for more storage. I would be most grateful for your thoughts and suggestions on this matter especially if you think it is a very bad idea and not to do it at any cost.

Many thanks.

2. ginge61

ginge61 Read Only Funster

you will need to fit another tank as the domestic lpg works diff to the engine something to do with one systym being a vaporiser or something but i know you cant use the same tank there is a guy in chester who can tell you hes called gas sure

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I think it's a sound idea, my advice is to visit an LPG converter for advice.

Engines take either vapour from the top of the tank or liquid from the bottom (via a dip tube mounted on the top,) so it will depend on your existing system whether you need a new tank or a modification on your exising tank to give you a vapour take for the house gas via a new regulator.

If any of this sounds foreign go to an expert.. don't mess with LPG systems.