LPG ASDA (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
I had a gaslow bottle fitted 10 years ago and having travelled most of Europe and never having any problems filling up we have saved £££££ over the years and I would not hesitate to have them fitted again if I was a new buyer.
Just been down To Italy and no problems.
The one mistake I made was having just one fitted, I would go for two and completely cut out RIP OFF Calor

mto

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
a newbie
We have an Alugas cylinder and fill up at the garage at the Horse and Jockey roundabout, (not the Tesco one) with no problems so far.
The other place we have filled is at Autogas 2000, who installed the cylinder, when we are passinf near Thirsk.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Stokesley Motors have an LPG pump and I fill up there, gas first and diesel second, of course.
It is between the other fuel pumps so I don't have to move as the hoses will reach no problem.
I have never been challenged about what the gas was used for.
The filler is an outside one in the MH side skirt.
Our MH is 28 feet long and I can get in and out no bother.
In fact, I have been in with the trailer on.

If I was stopped from filling at a forecourt filling station then I would call at Autogas 2000 to fill up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I'm wondering if there is a tax issue at the bottom of all this ? ,lpg used for fuel is taxed at a higher rate than when it's used for heating ,perhaps they fearsome sort of a tax return claim from the motorhome fraternity ??
Our local Calor depot asked if it was gas bottles I was filling(I have a Gaslow with external filler) I told him I had tanks fitted professionally by a CORGI registered installer (yes I know CORGI has been replaced by Gas safe, but he didn't). Yet the Calor depot in Liverpool actually asks if its for 'domestic use' and charges the appropriate VAT
Tuggers may have problems with the fill with gas before fuel issue, it would be interesting to hear what the clubs take on this subject.

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Our local Calor depot asked if it was gas bottles I was filling(I have a Gaslow with external filler) I told him I had tanks fitted professionally by a CORGI registered installer (yes I know CORGI has been replaced by Gas safe, but he didn't). Yet the Calor depot in Liverpool actually asks if its for 'domestic use' and charges the appropriate VAT
Tuggers may have problems with the fill with gas before fuel issue, it would be interesting to hear what the clubs take on this subject.
Both my local Calor and Flogas depots have ceased selling Autogas at the domestic VAT rate of 5%, so maybe it's a local decision rather than a national one.
Countrywide Farmers sell at the 5% VAT rate.

We filled up at ASDA Hartlepool without any problem, when attending the Mackem's Rally. No one came out to check if it was a bulk tank or cylinders we were filling.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We use both the A 14 Calor depot and the Norwich one (used that a few times in the summer, last time was end of August) and they were fine, you are on camera! I did have a bit of an argument there once about the VAT rate, when they stopped charging the domestic rate Pretty sure it is because they do not want the hassle of two rates and partly because of the RV's that used to use the A 14 one particularly and fill up with 'gas for cooking' ;-) Anyway, compared to exchange bottles the gas is so cheap I decided to stop asking for full receipts to 'claim the tax back' waste of paper as I never did. I would like to continue to use this system so please no stupid gadgets and unsuitable bottles! Janie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back