LPG Adaptors

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Don Madge, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Don Madge

Don Madge Funster

If you have a refillable gas bottle/tank these are the three adaptors you will need to refill on mainland Europe.

[​IMG]

Clawgun type filler adaptor - for use when visiting France, Italy, Austria, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg and many eastern European countries.

[​IMG]

Acme-type filler adaptor - for use when visiting Belgium & Netherlands. Sometimes the UK Bayonet type gun is found in the Netherlands.

[​IMG]

The Acme screw-type filler is often found on American motor homes. You will need a Acme to bayonet filler adaptor - those with an Acme screw filler can use this to fill up in the UK and anywhere they come across the Bayonet filler.

If you carry all three adaptors you should have no problems filling up on mainland Europe.

I hope I've got it right for the ARV's if it needs amending just shout out loud.

Safe travelling

Don

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  2. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

They look the same as the ones I bought to refill the onboard tank for the RV

I also have one of the new plastic bottles which is great, do you know if they can be obtained in a refillable type yet.

3. Don Madge

Don Madge Funster

If you have one of these bottles http://www.mthautogas.co.uk/light-weight.htm they can be refilled as they have the 80% stop/fill function.:BigGrin:

Don

4. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Thanks I'll have to check it out as it's almost the same but is a slightly different shape around the handle area

5. Ivys

Ivys Read Only Funster

Don, the composite cylinders do not have an automatic cutoff - you have to either watch the level or use the sticker to calculate. I believe however that they are doing a lightweight metal cylinder with cutoff, but can't see it on their site.

FYI the new lightweight cylinder doesn't have a gauge.

Rog

6. lugnutt

lugnutt Funster Life Member

hi Don..i have all tree of the adapters you are showing but was not able to refill the domestic tank in france it has the acme to witch i joined the bayonet adapter but still could not fit the french one as no treads on inside so i need the forth one now
    dave

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Don
    Yes correct, RVs generally have an Acme connection and adapters look like this.

UK/BELGIUM/HOLLAND - ACME
    [​IMG]

FRANCE/ITALY/SPAIN - ACME
    [​IMG]

Jim

8. Don Madge

Don Madge Funster

Rog,

I was referring to the new aluminium bottles that MTH are now stocking. They have the 80% stop/fill but no gauge.

I've just been talking to Richard Ceil and I'll post the info when he mails it to me.

Don

9. potjoe

potjoe Read Only Funster

Alugas bottles

Hi.All just got new Alugas bottle my self from MTH to fit on my new Hymer and got all 3 parts as well will be fitting next week i hope if the sun comes out,before going off the France/Spain.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

10. olley

olley Funster

Hi Jim can's speak for the rest of Spain but the one at Valladolid was a bayonet fitting the same as the UK. Seeing as most are repsol I reckon they will all be.

The french type is used in Portugal.

Olley

11. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I guess they don't read MHfun then :Doh:, Must write and advise them.. :thumb:.. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

12. olley

olley Funster

:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Olley

13. fordy

fordy Deleted User

Hi Dave just get a thread cut in the UK bayonet adapter then you can fit any of the adapters i have done this works a treat ..

FORDY:Smile: