Lpg adapter

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Tony Santara, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Does anybody know where i can get an extended Acme to Uk adapter for domestic gas tank
    I allways have a problem when trying to fill the domestic gas tank on my bus because its so far inboard i struggle to get the filler nozzle on through the locker door
    :Confused::Confused:

2. Adria 5

Adria 5 Read Only Funster

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  4. fordy

fordy Deleted User

Hi i cant say that i have seen a filler like the one you need how long would it need to be ? i think if i am right that you need to get from the US acme on the tank to UK but a longer fitting, if so you will have to make up a extender by tapping a std acme to UK
    fitting then a short fast-fill pipe with another UK filling valve on the end and fix this to a more accessible place .
    i have some bits and will see what can be done let me know if I'm on the right track

FORDY:Smile:

5. fordy

fordy Deleted User

6. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Jim
    thats exactly what i'm looking for allready tried ABP they don't have one and their supplier has stopped making them :Frown:
    Gary(Fordy)
    your on the money with what i need
    Thanks Fellas

7. fordy

fordy Deleted User

In that case i will keep looking at the best way to do it as I'm trying to do a simular thing with the LPG i will let you know when of if i crack it :Confused:

FORDY:Laughing:

8. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Thanks Gary
    if i come up with anything will give you a shout :Wink:

9. fordy

fordy Deleted User

Hi Tony right i have got it :BigGrin: i have a std fast fill hose that fits onto a UK filling valve, then for the other end i have a fitting that will go from the fast fill hose to the internal thread of a std UK filling valve. this will work if you have a thread on the inside of your acme to UK fitting on the tank if not you need to get one cut into it ,
    this may not be the cheapest way to do it but i cant find any other way to do it unless you have a good engineer that can make it up. i have made up the hose i needed to fill my tank from the red propane bottles and have a fast fill hose and a fitting for the end that screws in to the acme -UK end but you will need to get a filling valve from eBay or from Gordon look on rv fulltiming LPG suppliers pm me if you want the parts i have ..

10. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Hi Gary (Fordy)
    I've managed to locate the adapter i was looking for as in Scotjims picture
    Mobile rv at Bicester had one and it was the last in stock i asked Dee at Mobile Rv
    if they could get any more in as i knew other people that wanted one
    she phoned her supplier but they said they weren't making anymore
    theres an opportunity here for some entropenuer to make a few bob

thanks for your help Gary your idea is a gudden may be useful for some body else

11. fordy

fordy Deleted User

Ok Tony glad you got it sorted, :BigGrin: