LPG accident in Portimao, Portugal (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_1059.JPG

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh dear...

I am truly amazed at your ability to know what I think... ;)

JJ :cool:
But you've admitted as much regarding FB pies ... saying how lovely they are ... I just remember stuff ... they didn't call me Melly the Elephant at school for nothing you know! :xgrin:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have only got one thing to say on this now. LPG is dangerous stuff even when you know what you are doing with it. I have been filling gas bottles as long as I can remember with all sorts of Micky Mouse adaptors with no problems whatsoever. I was filling a LPG powered vehicle with the correct fill point and got very severely burnt. To this day, I have no idea what went wrong, but something did, and believe me it was bloody painful. If I say it was painful, you can bet your life it was. If you are not sure and confident about filling with LPG whether in bottles or fixed tanks, then pay someone else to do it for you, or wear appropriate protective clothing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Skeggy

Free Member
Dec 12, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I filled up quite a few times including in Portugal and never had problem and I used PLG for years in industry but I shall learn from this and use groves from now on. I must say I am respectful of pump when filling but will be a little more respectfully now.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This is an old thread dredged up from the bottom of the barrel, but I dont need to be reminded to wear gloves when filling LPG any more. The last few days of sunshine have brought back the horrors of what damage LPG can do to skin and it lasts a lifetime. My arm which was burnt with the stuff immediately blistered after exposure to the sun this week. Normally I tan easily, but now have to keep one arm covered if the sun is out. So, wear those gloves.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
This is an old thread dredged up from the bottom of the barrel, but I dont need to be reminded to wear gloves when filling LPG any more. The last few days of sunshine have brought back the horrors of what damage LPG can do to skin and it lasts a lifetime. My arm which was burnt with the stuff immediately blistered after exposure to the sun this week. Normally I tan easily, but now have to keep one arm covered if the sun is out. So, wear those gloves.

Well daft as it sounds - that skin is the equivalent of a 12 month old baby's. Even when Adam was a lad and you and I were still in nappies - our arms and legs would not have been exposed to HOT sun and we'd have been kept in the shade even in weak sun for at least another couple of years.

The rest of you has had 50+ years previous sun exposure, so has to be less sensitive.

Apr 6, 2017
Andalucia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544 Camp
Exp
Since 2017
Some places get snotty when someone randomly resurrects a long-dead post, I like that it's accepted here - I was unaware of the risks of LPG leaks til reading this so thanks @Skeggy - another pair of gloves to get for the rapidly growing pile.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Nice thing about the USA, they insist on doing the filling for you and ask everyone to step outside the vehicle while they do it

Cooldude

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
Oops, just seen your most recent post, still getting the hang of new post dates being upside down!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back