Lowlifes!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hendrixfan, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Hendrixfan

Hendrixfan Read Only Funster

[​IMG]
    www.flickr.com/photos/48925702@N08/?saved=1
    All that's left of our beloved camper after some lowlife/s nicked it and burnt it out - apparently just for fun.
    I don't understand the mentality; I am livid.
    The insurance won't cover the cost of a replacement, given its age. All the hours of work that had gone into it, the memories of good/bad times (like the engine catching fire in France on the fist trip, and the kindness of French people). We'd had it resprayed, just finally got it running so sweetly, and should have been off to France in three weeks time.
    I still can't believe it; I catch sight of something like a bottle of toilet chemicals or the spare mains hook-up at home and it reminds me and tears well up ...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Sorry to hear of this bad news, some people have no respect for other peoples belongings or how hard they might of worked to get the things they want,

3. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

What a horrible thing for these "people" to do and how angry you must be :Eeek:

4. EthnGeoff

EthnGeoff Funster

Really sorry for you, unfortunately that seems to be the way of the world these days. Hope you're back on the road soon.

5. Gran & Rog

Gran & Rog Funster

So sorry to hear this bad news they are worse than animals who usually have a good reason for bad behaviour.

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

What a shame. Remember the offer your insurance company gives you is an opening offer, no matter how final they make the offer sound, its a low opening bid. Negotiate it up. Best of luck, I hope you get back on the road soon:thumb:

7. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

I'm so sorry. Had the same thing happen with a car years ago in UK. Cannot undersatnd the mentality.

8. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

Search through Autotrader, dealers etc for same model if possible , take photos including price at dealers and send to insurance company. They value they should pay is what it would cost you to replace with a similar vehicle, not the trade price or auction price.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Simba

Simba Read Only Funster

B*****DS Feel so sorry for you. hope you are back on the road soon. :Angry:

10. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

So sorry for you. It seems to be a culture, they do know right from wrong , but just do not care. There is no respect :Sad:

11. Norrie

Norrie Read Only Funster

Horrible horrible horrible. My heart goes out to you.
    If we enjoyed real and proper democracy we would have our elected representatives dishing out sentences that these pond-dwellers deserve - rather that what we can afford.
    This kind of scum know their 'rights' and couldn't care whether they're caught or not. Either way there is no disincentive and that's very wrong indeed because they just continue down that path.
    Change must surely come.

12. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Pauls advice is sound - get all the adverts for vehicles that are similar age and condition to prove that you cannot replace the vehicle for the amount they are offering - you may have to fight a bit, but they will pay up.

If you own an older van, take heed - they are much more desirable and easier to steal due to the lack of security devices. You may not think it is worth tracking or immobilising - but at the end of the day, it is still 10 grand....and you wouldn't leave that in a suitcase in the shed!

Hope it works out for you in the end!:thumb:

13. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I am sorry to hear of your predicament I hope you are lucky with the insurance company.
    When you get a new van if you need help to get it sorted give me a shout, I have a bad back but can help with tools facilities and maybe even parts. I do have quite a stock of bits and bobs and can make all sorts free of charge.

• Like Like x 2