Jun 28, 2011
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
Has anyone had dealings with Lowdhams in Notts, We're thinking of getting our Bolero 680FB from them but before we do would like to know if they're reliable

Richard.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Richard. I bought The Beastie (Burstner 821) from Lowdhams. Sales side was excellent (ask for Steve Straw) and couldn't have been more helpful. Service side was poor. I stayed the first night on hook-up on their site, testing the van's equipment as much as I could. Identified a fault with air getting into the hot water system - next morning they said the problem was the non-return valve and changed it. Next night on my way back south I stayed off hook-up - only to find that the leisure batteries (which I'd asked for information about three times and only received on handover day - and then it was untrue!) were completely dead. Also the new non-return valve was faulty (they hadn't tested it after fitting) and subsequently had to be replaced again - this time they did get round to testing it after fitting.

So my advice would be to stay on their site for as long as it takes for you to test absolutely everything on the van, and stay again after any remedial work has been carried out. :Smile:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi
Has anyone had dealings with Lowdhams in Notts, We're thinking of getting our Bolero 680FB from them but before we do would like to know if they're reliable

Richard.

Hi Richard

I found them to be poor on trade in price, tried them 3 times and got better elsewhere.

We had a Swift Bolero 680FB a lovely van, just sold it.

If you want to buy from a good Swift dealer then Johnscross is the one for you, do not worry if they are not around the corner as their service more than makes up for it.

http://johnscross.co.uk/

Good luck with purchase

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We bought our Knaus from them and found them excellent. Sales side was very good as was the service side.:thumb:
Paul in the service department is a mine of information - even over the phone. Our van is a rare one in the UK but he has been great on the few occasions we have had to contact him.

We had our Hab checks done by them for the first couple of years - staying on their camping field each time we visited.

Now we have our Hab Check done by Steve Ashby - Ash - even better!!::bigsmile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
we got our dethleffs from lowdhams and to be honest they sorted everything i asked with the van but it was the van that we wanted and it sold itself to us not the sales team.
personally i would use them again if they had what i wanted but if someone else had it also then it may be a different story.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rronyag

Free Member
Jun 28, 2011
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
I'm a newbie
thanks everyone for your replies and advise. I think one of the reasons for initially looking at Lowdhams was that from home they're only about 1/2 hour's travel which is handy should we have to return with any problems, but its also about striking a balance and getting the right deal.
Hoping to take a look at the Bolero at johncross, thanks for recommendations. Thanks Maz for the advice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back