Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
Lowdhams Nottingham?
Has anyone bought from this company and what are your thoughts on TEC - RoTEC I see they are selling some 2008 unregistered models so they will have a 2010 plate on them.
Thanks for your thoughts in advance

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
I have had a caravan and our motorhome from Lowdhams over the past 10 years and never had a problem and would go back again, both 2nd hand. Motorhome was 3 year old.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Lowdhams Nottingham?
Has anyone bought from this company and what are your thoughts on TEC - RoTEC I see they are selling some 2008 unregistered models so they will have a 2010 plate on them.
Thanks for your thoughts in advance

Hi John,
We bought our present motorhome from them - new. Good service and good aftersales too. I would recommend them - though I have no knowledge of their attitude regarding second hand - but don't imagine it would be poor.
Know nothing about the TEC other than it didn't float our boat, but can't remember why.

Another John
(There's a lot of us on here. ::bigsmile:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Our present motorhome came from Lowdhams. No problems at all with aftersales quite the opposite..very helpful:roflmto:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We bought our Knaus from them in 2007 - it was their demo vehicle.

Excellent service - very helpful staff - especially Paul and Glynn in Service. Their product knowledge is amazing - even on the phone from hundreds of miles away! :thumb::thumb:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
lowdham leisure world
i posted this on the 29th february last year
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just like to praise lowdham leisure world in nottingham
from graham who sold us the motorhome to all the staff in the aftersales department because any problems i have had with the motorhome have been swifty dealt with
for example the motorhome was booked into brownhills at newark for a recall has lowdham does not do the fiat part and when i booked it in and got there brownhills said that they would do it within the week.
any how on the monday brownhills sent me an email saying that they were no longer a fiat dealership and that they wouldn,t do the work and i would have to collect the motorhome. has i was going to holland in it the week after this was a problem and so i had a word with lowdham and they not only went and picked the motorhome up from brownhills but they also took it to the fiat dealer in grantham, got the work done and also took it back to the storage yard for me to collect.
when i went to pick it up for my journey to holland i noticed that the door for the toilet locker was missing which was on when it went to brownhills was missing and had dissapered somewhere between me dropping off the motorhome at brownhills and it going to grantham and back to lowdham. lowdham put me a new one on there and then so that i could resume my journey. the treatment i got from brownhills was disgusting and when i sent them a email detailing my digust they couldn't even be bothered to contact me back
i am just glad i didn't by my motorhome from brownhills but not only for this problem but a few others lowdham have rectified any faults efficiently and i have found them all from graham in sales to claire and paul in the service department to be really helpfull and friendly and next time i swop my motorhome i would buy it from them again and
thanks for the refreshments that you gave us when we visited your stand at the nec last week

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We bought our Autocruise from them in January. Having had a bad experience with Discover, we were very careful who we spent our hard earned with this time. We were suitably impressed with the way that our enquiry was handled - very professional and good product knowledge. Fair part exchange also offered.

When we collected the van, it was well prepared and presented and we had a comprehensive explanation of the systems. Plenty of coffee provided and a free hook up on their site overnight to make sure everything was ok - which it was. Discount card for accessory purchases also given.

I would recommend them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not bought from Lowdhams at Nottingham (or elsewhere) but have always found them to be very pleasant. Graham Swann was originally at Brownhills but had the sense to 'escape' when the opportunity arose along with his son I believe - Brownhills loss. Graham is a very nice honest chap, not pushy, and went to a lot of effort on our behalf when we bought a Rapido 709F from Brownhills in 2003, to make sure it was exactly what we needed/wanted and to get a good deal (I think his thumbs will have recovered from the thumbscrews by now!:ROFLMAO:). If we could've got what we wanted from them this time round, with a suitable deal, we'd certainly have bought from them without question.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
having dealt with quite a few dealers over the years we found lowdhams at huddersfield so easy to deal with and they do go that bit further to help and stick to there word .

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I would recommend Lowdhams, Huddersfield too but not because I have bought from them but because I used to work there when it was Goodalls. If anyone goes to this site ask for David Hill, lovely bloke and he will see you right.

Dale

wireman

Free Member
Dec 18, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
However there is a flip side....We won't deal with Lowdhams ever again. They tried to rip us off when we bought (ex demo knaus) were rude and uncoperative most times and never failed not to deliver their promises in time... We then repeasted the experience at their other branch. maybe we have just been unlucky...

strathspey

Free Member
May 19, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
what are your thoughts on TEC - RoTEC I see they are selling some 2008 unregistered models so they will have a 2010 plate on them.

TEC are part of the Hymer group.
We looked at one before buying our Hymer in 2008, and were quite impressed.
The Tec van was well-made and good layout.
The water ingress guarantee was for 5 years (the Hymer guarantee is for 6 years).
The main reason we bought the Hymer rather than the TEC, was that the TEC Ford had a 5-speed gearbox and the Hymer Ford had a 6-speed.

grumpy

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
Llangollen, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Over 25 years
Wireman.
you must have been unlucky.
As for the question asked we bought our last motorhome from Lowdhams, Nottingham. We had a good deal for part-ex, good cheerful sales people. In fact fair and decent. A mention went earlier to Graham Swann. Well Gareth Swann came as you said from Brownhills, (clever fella), We came to Lowdhams because he was there and we have had the best of service from him. Also service side was good for all the "little" problems. So for me Yes I would and will use them again.

Grumpy

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
we bought our dethleffs from them last year graham swann is the guy to deal with at nottingham although we have had one or two issues with the van the service dept sorted them without problem. although the reg. docs came back in the wrong name and our 3 axle van stated 2 axle but i put that down to the volume of registrations dvla were getting before the vat increase.
incidentally i corrected the v5 and it came back with a previous owner listed but thats another thread.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back