Lowdhams hab test

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kelv, Sep 21, 2015.

1. kelv

kelv Funster Life Member

I purchased my hymer motorhome a year ago and it was due for its first habitation check to keep the warrenty up.Having bought the motorhome from a dealer 200 miles away from where I live (due to price) I decided to look for a local Hymer dealer Lowdhams motorhomes at Gunthorpe just off the a46 was the nearest.
    Booked in friday for the test and stayed on there overnight parking.
    They sorted out a couple of small problems at no extra charge and made us feel very welcome Great service and will be using them again sometimes dealers only get bad reviews so well done Lowdhams.
    Have any funsters purched a motorhome from this dealer It would be nice to hear what its like to make a purchase from this dealer.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ber090

Ber090 Funster Life Member

Hi We have not bought from them but it is nice when someone takes the time to report good things from Dealers as well as the bad!
    Cheers(y)
    Bernie

• Like Like x 1
  3. milliethehymer

milliethehymer Funster

We trekked to Lowdhams from West Yorkshire to get our MH as they had in stock all the vehicles we had got onto our short list.

The salesperson (Diana Macey) was extremely helpful and patient (ok, we were buyers but in my experience this doesn't always mean that the salesperson is actually interested).

We were there over 4 hours, being shown around the vehicles we had in mind, and spekking up the new MH. Then at the end of that process, we achieved a price which was less than I had expected to pay. Happy days!

The MH arrives Jan/Feb next year and we have in effect been told that when we come to collect it, we should spend the first night on their camping facility just to be sure we are happy with how everything functions and that we are fully satisfied before we leave. If we need more than one night, that's fine too!

Since ordering we have had a call to say that the order has been received in Germany, and that the build on what Lowdhams got back from Hymer matches the spec that was approved by us and that the build is scheduled for December 2015.

Swmbo and I both want to drive the MH home, so need to go by train. Lowdhams have offered to pick us up from the local station FOC to save us a taxi.

So as yet although we have not collected the MH, the service we have had so far has been superb .

The only reason I've not recommended them before is that the real proof comes when we look at the MH at collection and know how well it has been PDI'd and how effective the handover is. But so far , I have nothing but compliments for the company.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anthony496

Anthony496

Just to add, I picked our motorhome up from lowdhams on the weekend, as mentioned above we were invited to spend the night on their site to make sure we were totally happy. Service so far has been excellent, my brother also picked up his knaus MH on the weekend from them.

I payed three visits to the dealer before settling on ours and each time we were given as much time as we liked.

So another happy camper here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kelv

kelv Funster Life Member

Seems they are a good company it will be nice to see how you get on.
    Hope all goes smoothly.

6. martin1485

martin1485 Funster

We bought a van from them in 2010. We found them very professional in both sales and after sales. They also offered a discount card for their accessory store which was good for the first 12 months. The only negative I had was their after sales charges were on the high side for things like hab checks. I subsequently used an NCC approved service man and saved a considerable amount on the cost without compromising the warranty. He was also local to me and came to my door which also saved the travel costs going back to Lowdhams.

7. kelv

kelv Funster Life Member

Totally agree they are not the cheapest

8. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

the best never is

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chipster

Chipster Funster Life Member

Bought new last year from them. All good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Didn't a Funster have a huge fall out with them a few years back?

I could be wrong on that and apologies to Lowdhams if I am.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dealornodeal

dealornodeal Funster

Just purchased new Mh from them, all very good and pleasant people to deal with. One or two minor issues being dealt with under warranty but all good

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chipster

Chipster Funster Life Member

Yes remember that thread!! Bkoke parked up to front with signs all over his van didn't he? Outcome was there is always 2 sides to a story. If I remember Lowdhams handled it quite well.

• Like Like x 2
  13. missmollie

missmollie Funster

We purchased our Knaus SUN Ti from Lowdhams in Huddersfield last year, it was a year old and had hardly been used. I have had the van back to them twice for a warranty repair to the 12v electrical charging system which was sorted by returning the unit to Truma in Germany, on both occasions the van was delivered back to me in Warrington, up to now had very good service from them.

14. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

How much did they charge?
    We had our first annual damp check on this van done by Premier it was £83, about twice what it would have cost in Belgium but we weren't going that way this year & Premier were excellant at sorting out a few warranty issues.

15. kelv

kelv Funster Life Member

£390 full habitation check including spray underneath for warranty

16. bellabee

bellabee Funster

Sorry kelv, but I'm a bit thick. We have a new Hymer and I don't want to miss anything. What do you mean by 'spray underneath for warranty?' Is there something we need to get done?

17. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

blimey..its all coming back!:)

18. Judge Mental

probably not!lol £390 your having a larf!:D

• Like Like x 1
  19. jtp890

jtp890 Funster

Tried having work done on a dethleffs, they are agents ,and told they will only work on vehicles they have sold!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Judge Mental

I suggest you let dethleff know..should be stripped of their dealership. Pan European wide warranty my arse...