Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

I don't know much about GPS tracking devices but I always thought they were a bit pricey and involved contracts etc. A colleague recently told me about this device which, as far as I can tell, does everything you want for £99 and nothing else to pay.

Quite surprising to see the hardware is apparently made in the UK too, quite unusual these days.

Do Funsters think its any good?

Paul

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
sounds a very good deal except for not supporting 3:(

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
That looks very good for the price.
I dont understand why it wont work on 3 network.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's the same as all of the cheapo self fit/DIY ones. If you only want it for your peace of mind it's fine for what it is. There are loads to choose from, all around that price.

If a tracker is a requirement of your insurance company forget it. Insurance requirements for tracking devices are Thatcham Category 5 or 6 which means they have to meet those standards, have to be installed by an approved fitter and properly monitored.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I got a cheap one from eBay, cost around £30 comes with a sim card which you top up - very small and easy to conceal, you just ring the number of the sim and it sends you the longitude an latitude coordinates of where it is - simples ! and it works a treat too (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
I'd be interested in this device. I shall watch this thread for further comments.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've got one of these:

I can't remember if I bought it from them but it is the same device. It looks as if the device in the OP for three times the price does the same job. My experience was it worked and did give a degree of peace of mind when my MH had to be stored away from home when we had the builders in and the drive had to be clear. You can get a separate 12 volt power supply for it so you could wire it in permanently but I just went and visited it every few days while it was there and changed the battery. The downside was the cost of SMS texts adds up and if you set it up to send you a text if the device is physically disturbed, which would happen if someone broke into the vehicle, then every time you open the door of the MH and get in it is going to send you a text to tell you so! (It was that sensitive) At 40p a time on my cheap PAYG this was vaguely annoying. But you could also set it up so it would send a text if the vehicle was moved beyond say a 500m radius of where it was parked and there was a link in the text which if you clicked on it it took you to Google maps and there was a dot on the map showing where the tracker was. The instructions were not brilliant and a more expensive one from a UK firm would be expected to come with better support.

Mine picked up a GPS signal through the steel MH roof which I thought was clever, I feared it would need to have sight of the sky but it didn't.

I used mine for a couple of months and it did what I wanted but if you wanted to use one full time I think you would need consider getting a contract SIM to keep the costs down and of course if you go into Europe and wanted to use it there you would need an appropriate sim.

They are not however, foolproof and a determined thief could use a mobile phone jammer to block it but as another layer in the onion skin of security, so to speak, they do a fair job. And if you wired it in permanently use a very small fuse as such cheap electrics and battery could burst in to flames!

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
That looks very good for the price.
I dont understand why it wont work on 3 network.

I think it's because it only works on the 2g network and I don't think Three supports this. Lots of similar types of gsm communicating alarms will only work on 2g. I suspect that one day 2g will probably become obsolete giving way to 3g and 4g.

Reactions: Mel
OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Now I've done a bit more research it seems the one I posted about is quite expensive after all! Maybe I'll just get one from Amazon / Ebay, the Rewire one DBK mentioned seems okay.

Paul

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
We have the Rewire (y)

Works well I know the thieves could block it but for £30 it's brilliant.

Our children & grandchildren can track us 24/7 which costs us 15p

Every time our device sends out our location in response to their phone call.

Highly recommended :cool:

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We have the Rewire (y)

Our children & grandchildren can track us 24/7 which costs us 15p

Every time our device sends out our location in response to their phone call.

Highly recommended :cool:

That would be the LAST thing we would want !!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This worries me.....

uk_flag.gif
Sentinel Alarm is designed and manufactured in the UK - not imported from China
uk_flag.gif

It's about as likely as the Pope being Jewish.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a simple locator type costs from £15 and is simplicity itself to conceal in a motorhome and wire in. the better ones about £30 will not only track the van, but you can immobilise the engine via a text message. takes about 1 1/2 hours to fit and if you are not competent on vehicle electrical systems, it would best be fitted by a qualified auto electrician. still under £100 though with far more features

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
these are very good
Broken Link Removed