LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Just spent 12 nights in France and had cracking weather. Got off the "Tesco train" late and headed for Abbeville first night, travelled to Vivonne next day where we found a lovely municipal site, then day after that headed to Moliets Plage and spent 6 lovely days there baking in the sunshine, messing in the sea and eating wonderful French food. Started heading north and stopped at the municipal site at Cognac (to top up supplies) for 1 night then onto the municipal site at La Fleche for 2 nights, and finally upto Honfleur for our last night.

The weather was brilliant everywhere we went and the food, of course, was wonderful - love this way of life, just a shame we have to come back to work to pay for the next trip :cry:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We also arrived home from France on Monday. The weather was the best I have ever known in September. It was so hot we had to resort to a campsite so that we could run the aircon. Pity we had to come home when we did as it was the start of the vendange, so missed all the partying, but I had a hospital appointment booked for Tuesday.

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
That's a shame you had to come home too but we can start dreaming of the next trip :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
. Pity we had to come home when we did as it was the start of the vendange, so missed all the partying, but I had a hospital appointment booked for Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
Hi . Whats vendange ? as we are going next sept, and wondered if its worth noting .
Thanks Terry:Cool:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
. Pity we had to come home when we did as it was the start of the vendange, so missed all the partying, but I had a hospital appointment booked for Tuesday.
Hi . Whats vendange ? as we are going next sept, and wondered if its worth noting .
Thanks Terry:Cool:[/QUOTE]
Its the start of the grape picking harvest. All the villages have a party when the harvest is over. Great times had by all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back