Lost Passport and Money CAN YOU HELP? (1 Viewer)

Sheldon C

Free Member
Mar 30, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Euromobil 695EB Profila
Exp
Since 1995
They reckon its only 6 degs of seperation to find somebody.......if he came from MHF as mentioned in his message then a quick poke there may come up with some contact info??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
There's only about 10 A Black's in the BT phone book in Fife.
I appreciate that he may be ex D. but I'll bet one of them will be his son.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
There's an Alexander Black living with a Carol Black (This was in their introductory posting) living in Falkirk, according to the 2002-2005 census.
This was gleaned from 192.com. Anyone with access to that site could get the full information.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
There's an Alexander Black living with a Carol Black (This was in their introductory posting) living in Falkirk, according to the 2002-2005 census.
This was gleaned from 192.com. Anyone with access to that site could get the full information.
Allegedly they're from Fife. Maybe they moved there from Falkirk though?:unsure:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The Police regularly use 192 as it's a modern version of the old paper electoral roll. The great thing for them is that they can get access to a neighbour(for instance ) and cross check info fast.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The Police regularly use 192 as it's a modern version of the old paper electoral roll. The great thing for them is that they can get access to a neighbour(for instance ) and cross check info fast.

Perhaps the police would be willing to help ...... someone should have contact details for him, shouldn't they?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Here's another suggestion.
Sheldon pointed out (09.00hrs today)that there is a theory where we are only separated by 6 people from contacting everyone in the world.(6 degrees of separation)
If all of us reading this posted on F/B an attempt to contact Alex and Carol, knowing what a tight knit community the motorhome world is, and knowing what we already know, I reckon we could get them within 24hrs.

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Looking forward to some good chats etc.. Right now planning a trip to Spain for around 6 weeks leaving mid Jan'... then back for beginning of 2nd week in March... the normal medical appmnts! ;-(
.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they'll be in Spain for another couple of weeks.......

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I think son No2 has 'found the right Alex Black!!!!
The trouble is that Son No.2 is in Oz so the time difference is huge. He has sent a message to both Alex and Carol in the hope that it is them and they respond.
If not he will no doubt send messages to their relatives who are also on F/B

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

Just got off the phone with Alex Blacks daughter in law.
She was aware that he had lost his wallet but was unaware that the passport and money was awol.
I have given her the tel. no. of the site in Spain to pass on to her FiL when he is contacted.

I think it's safe to say that this man WILL be renewing his subs when the time comes.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
heresa in reception here has information on the whereabouts of the Passport/money etc and she has been trying all avenues to try and contact him.
Sadly, I fear the worst with this, Dr Watson. The gent has lost a large amount of money, plus his passport, and, (it seems), has gone right off the grid? It may be that Theresa has been trying to contact him for maybe a few days? He is not a young man, is he travelling alone? He would need money, and his most important document. I really fear that a lonely Knaus is going to be found in a layby somewhere, with the chap asleep..............:(:(:(

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Los dolores is in Cartagena and we stayed there on our way South.
Run by a lovely lady called Theresa. 10€ per day all in.
Good luck Alex Black.
Mitch and Jenny (real names) currently at Conil De La Frontera.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
If he is like Joan & myself, once we had fuel, water and food on board it could be a week to 10 days before we needed cash or passport.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back