Lost my Camping Card while away!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Onemanandhisdog, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Onemanandhisdog

Onemanandhisdog Funster

Been away 3 weeks using my Camping Card, still got nearly 2 weeks to go, got it wet last night, dried it out overnight, put it in my pocket this morning, not there when I got to campsite this afternoon! Been in shops, on trains so could have dropped it anywhere!

Staying here 7 days, showed them the hole in the book where it came from, there not having any of it!

Is there anything you can do if you lose the stupid cardboard 'card' ?

2. webby1

webby1 Funster

Sorry about that what a pain.
    Please please e mail ACSI and ask for an online system..........so that if you leave UK before the books arriv,e or if you lose(or destroy)your card you can ask the site to check your membership on line and your passport proves you are the correct person.
    There is a bit of momentum with this request at the moment so the more people who ask the more likely it is to happen.

3. Onemanandhisdog

Onemanandhisdog Funster

OK, will do. It's stupid being a flimsy bit of card, I know I put it in my pocket with plastic cards and bank notes this morning, it's the only thing missing! You're not likely to hear it fall on the floor!! Some sort of backup is needed.

4. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

when you get to a site it might be worth negotiating a better rate than the published rate

try the lost card bit, if they say no then ask for better price they can only say no (y)