Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Had a good look on that site Damondunc, but nothing, thank you.
No one has even made any enquiries at the authorities locally.
Have put up a notice on the parish website too.
I wonder if maybe he has walked a long way? or maybe he was with a family on holiday nearby?. I hate to think someone has dumped him but its looking more that way.
If we do get his real owners turning up at some point, they better love him to bits cos the lil critter has found his way into my heart.
Anyway he is still here, still lots of fun, and a real sweetie. I bought him a chew toy and he chewed it a little then set off into the garden with a purpose. I followed him and chuckled, watching him go to great lengths to conceal it at the side of the compost heap. He meticulously covered it with leaves and debris using his nose.
Aww love him:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ralphman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
pevensey bay
Funster No
MH
hymer b544
Exp
4 years
I followed him and chuckled, watching him go to great lengths to conceal it at the side of the compost heap. He meticulously covered it with leaves and debris using his nose.

ralph used to do exactly this with his nose too when he 1st came to us, took him a while to realise he was going to be fed every day i guess, he still likes to have a 'den' in the bushes to eat treats but he doesn't bury them with leaves anymore, it's also where he takes any stolen contraband i.e socks, brushes, scarves & boomheads :ROFLMAO:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
I followed him and chuckled, watching him go to great lengths to conceal it at the side of the compost heap. He meticulously covered it with leaves and debris using his nose.

Dogs love to keep 'special' treats for themselves don't they. ???

I just remembered that Dogsey.com has a lost dogs section so you might want to put his details on there..............................on the other hand he seems to have captured your heart so maybe not ::bigsmile:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
I think he has found the place he wants to be as he has forged a special bond with you.
Do you think it was fate that he chose your back door to walk through.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
I've just spotted this thread and read all the way through!!

Well done Jomel! I think you've been chosen as his new mistress!

Whilst reading a thought kept creeping into my mind that maybe he wasn't vicious enough for his previous owners so they decided to dump him? Just a thought.

I live in Spain and this kind of behaviour towards Staffordshires and Pitt Bulls has been rampant when the dogs aren't as vicious as expected. You know, sign of "machismo" having a vicious dog by certain types?

Anyway, whatever the reason I'm just so pleased that he wandered into the right kitchen!!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
jomel

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Yes Momo you may be right. He is really a little chunk of friendliness.
Mind you, Joe and I were playing at whose going to have the last biscuit (I usually win) and he snatched it off me. I shouted 'hey' and the dog growled and jumped at Joes wrist, not biting, but enough to warn him that he was protecting me.
the dog wasnt interested in the biscuit until we reassured him we were all friends. All was forgotten then but my guess is if push came to shove he would protect but its not a behaviour I want to encourage, or play around with. But I do know what you mean, its the owners that give these dogs a bad name.

I think his presence in the motorhome will hopefully put thieves off but if they knew how soft he was:ROFLMAO:
Still at a stand off with the dry food, no matter what is mixed with it. I shall persevere.
He has had me howling with laughter today as he loves to play hide and seek ( I know its a sad state of affairs) He stays put till I go hide then he has to find me, he bounds all over the house gruffling and snortling and once he finds me there a tremendous leaping and tail wagging and he goes straight back to the chair and barks as if to say 'go on-again' They will come along with a straightjacket and have me carted off soon.

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Still at a stand off with the dry food, no matter what is mixed with it. I shall persevere.

How many makes have you tried, as mentioned in our case we had to try three different makes before we found the right one.

OP
OP
jomel

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Aha! he submits and has cleared his bowl:Smile: and he is snoring in his bed and not constantly trying to creep up to ours. I love him more now, such an intelligent little fellow.
Just let some hoodie try and claim him back gruh!:Angry: Hes mine mine I tell you. As you can tell we have bonded ha ha ha:ROFLMAO:

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
staffies have a way of stealing your heart , if we lost one of ours i would not rest till i got him back , the owners of yours do not seem to be doing much to find him so may be they do not deserve to have him . hope it all works out for you :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
jomel

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Ralphman, I bought Chance one of those marrow filled bone things. OMG! he loves it lol but is he supposed to eat the outsidy bits too? mostly hes breaking it to get at the marrow but Im worried he may choke, have I done the right thing? Oh lawd!:Doh: this is worse than bringing a new baby home.

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
we do not give ours bones as they are so strong in the jaws they break off to big a bit also we have to watch them with chews as they try to swallow the last big bit . :Blush:

unitedgirl

Free Member
Oct 27, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Can we see a photo of him!!

This is Indie on the beach in Tarifa on our first MH trip last Sept.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jomel

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Theresa its one of those marrow filled dooveries from the pet shop. They seem as hard though.
The RSPCA came out again today to recheck if he had a chip as they said their equipment may have been faulty but he hasnt. Phew!
Also signed a contract to say I would take care of him for a month and hand him over should owners turn up.
They gave lots of tips about caring for his nutritional needs, worming is ok to do now and flea stuff so we can take him for any injections to the vet as even if he has had them already and has them again, it will be ok and wont harm him to repeat them.
They said he was in excellent condition and were just as puzzled as me as to why no one has made enquiries after him.

United girl, Im itching to put a pic up, and as soon as I can I will:thumb:

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
marrow filled bone , bet he will be farting tonight . if you buy him any toys they will have to be very tough ones , ours love to munch on their toys .T:thumb:hey really like the ones you can put dry food in . and don,t worry if he gets a tummy upset after eating the marrow staffs are a bit prone to that , but soon sort them selfs out :Blush::thumb:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
A Staff is defo not an illegal dog! :Eeek:

However, they are a very popular dog for theft, by gangs, travellers; often stolen for fighting or mass breeding (if female) ... very sad indeed :Sad: It could be that he has escaped from his captors.

So yes, dog warden to see if there is a chip, if not, the police (in case of theft) , then RSPCA .... if none of the above finds the owner, then you have a new pal, they are lovely dogs :thumb:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
food

Hubby said he used to feed his staff, tinned food, mixed with biscuits, each morning - hope that helps ::bigsmile:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
I was wondering where hed sleep. I took him to the shop in the car but he was a bit agitated and pined. Even with hubby holding him. Maybe he thought he was going to the vets.
I hope in the motorhome, if we keep him, it will be different as it will be our living space.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, he is still prob a bit nervous at mo, perhaps he thought you might be taking him in the car to dump him off somewhere ... maybe that is what happened during his previous car trip :Sad:

Once he realises that he will always come 'home' after his car trips, he will love his trips out and love the MH ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
jomel

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Thanks Theresa and Elvis.
Elvis you could be right I just wish dog's could talk.
Had a bit of a night of it last night as after retiring about 9pm (OH had to be up at 2.am on the Lorry's) dog started to 'how-ooohl' I thought what on earth? came down and Chance went straight to the back door, ok ok so you need the loo? I thought. Dons hubby's coat and walks him to the garden. and dog dissapears round the baytree and hes gone!:Eeek: called and called, clicked, whistled and shouted - nothing! checks back in the house-nope! He has never not responded to calling him! I Wake hubby who is a darn site quicker at catching dogs that I would be on my crutches, Ex Army he goes into automatic response and dresses in 5 seconds flat and is up the street. Neighbours join in the search and we split off in four different directions. After an hour or so Joe finds him a few streets away and calm is restored to the household. My heart was in my mouth, given that I had signed the contract to say I would look after him I felt awful.
I dont know what made him just go like that, could be cos hes a mandog? maybe some lady dog was wearing eau de come hither pong? maybe thats what happened to cause him to go AWOL in the first place. Anyway I hope he cant read cos as soon as he is ours he's for the snip.
It has tought me not to be so complacent.
I have to say though with all the bad press the teenagers get these days, the ones that I met last night were really concerned and joined in the search, one young group called up after to ask if we had found him.:Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Teenagers like some dog get a bad press,if they are doing right they are not news one foot or paw out of line and they are front page news.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

ralphman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
pevensey bay
Funster No
MH
hymer b544
Exp
4 years
Ralphman, I bought Chance one of those marrow filled bone things. OMG! he loves it lol but is he supposed to eat the outsidy bits too? mostly hes breaking it to get at the marrow but Im worried he may choke, have I done the right thing? Oh lawd!:Doh: this is worse than bringing a new baby home.

hi jomel, yes i give these to ralph as an occasional treat & just take the last small bit off of him & bin it, poos are a bit chalky but nothing to worry about, Toys i only buy the solid rubber ones as everthing else lasts 5 minutes ! flea treatment (frontline) i get off of the internet Link Removed much cheaper than the vets & comes in 2 days, they sell worming tabs too & everything else, you can even send in your dog prescriptions & get cheaper meds, ask vet for the prescription if nessecary. might even do horse meds aswell if i remember rightly. nearly had a narrow escape yesterday with ralph too, my son had gone out the back gate & not closed it properly OH came home from work & he was outside on the pavement gruffling about, luckily he hadnt spotted any dogs over the busy main road or he would have been a gonna :Eeek: ralph also does woo woo woo when it's dinner time & i swear he can tell the time, 5pm & if i forget he waits at the patio doors (for a wee me thinks) & i get up & he runs to the kitchen 4 dinner, when the clocks go back he does it at 4pm :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back