Lost dog

Discussion in 'Pets' started by jomel, Aug 21, 2009.

1. jomel

jomel Read Only Funster

I have been found by a Staffordshire bull Terrier that wandered in through the back door this morning.
    You would think he lived here all along.
    I gave him some water and made some enquiries via telephone so hopefully someone will claim him.
    At the moment he is curled up at my feet and every time I so much as glance at him, his tail wags.
    I am on crutches (whole other story) and was worried how he would react to me taking him out to the garden but he walked really slowly at the side of me.
    He wasnt interested in going to the loo, as soon as we came in he was happy as larry, gruffling and snorting and rolling on my best designer rug. He is now snoring at my feet lol.
    I have rung round everyone and the one person I was sure owned him has his Staffie with him and she is lighter.
    Its a small community here so someone should come and get him...hopefully?....dont know bowt taking a dog in a motorhome full time lol never came into the reckoning.

2. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

Arn't they an illigal breed in the UK?

Boo

3. Stroudwaterboy

Stroudwaterboy Funster

If you contact the local council the dog warden will come and check his chip for you and then he can be reunited with his owner. Sounds like my dog who has some Staffy in him (we think), totally friendly and will cuddle up to anyone who gives him a rub. A piece of chicken and you will be his friend for life:thumb:

4. jomel

jomel Read Only Funster

I think Ill have to report him as a missing dog. Just no joy in finding the owner round here. No I think the pit bulls are an illegal dog. Staffordshire bull terriers are ok methinks, well my friend has two similar and equally as friendly.
    Poor thing, mind you as I say it is perfectly content here and is sleeping, apart from when I move then it follows me.

5. damondunc

damondunc Funster

You are thinking of pitbulls and even they are not illegal,just highly controlled .

Jornel , welldone on giving the little fella sanctuary :thumb: If the dogwarden takes the dog and he is not claimed in 7 days his fate will be in the lap of the gods ,if you want to hold him yourself you must notify the dogwarden then wait 28 days to see if he is claimed.

Sounds a nice fella :Smile:

6. jomel

jomel Read Only Funster

I think Ill hold him here myself. I am waiting for the dog warden to ring back. My friend is calling in at lunchtime with some dry food and a spare lead.

7. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Its very kind of you giving him tlc rather than evicting him, but have you tel any local vets in the area, they might know of him also his owner may have contacted the vets

If ever any of my dogs had strayed hope they meet someone as caring as you:thumb::thumb:

8. jomel

jomel Read Only Funster

The council said that the warden will come and check if he is chipped and that chances are as he is so well behaved, the owner has probably gone to work and doesnt know he is missing. They asked when would I like them to collect to take him to the dogs home. Ha ha! no chance, I said he can stay here with me till they find his owners. If no one claims him then we will look after him but I am sure someone will he is such a nice dog.
    Ahh Champers, who could be cruel to animals? Didn't really have time to think about wether I should see him off anyway haha he just came in and decided he was now part of the family:Smile:
    The Dog warden just rang and his on his way with a chip detector.

9. theresa

theresa Read Only Funster

they are NOT an illegal breed in u,k . and you are very lucky he came to you , we have two and they are the best dogs ever . in the right hands they are a very gentle breed , you can always take it to a vet to see if its micro chipped. but if you do decide to keep it you will have a friend for life , our two love it in the motor home , and lets face it they are good security :thumb:

10. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Well done!!:BigGrin: hope if any of our dogs wandered they met someone like you.

He may have been dumped, a lot of dogs are suffering this fate with the credit crunch.

Hope for a good outcome

Dave:thumb:

11. jomel

jomel Read Only Funster

No chip. I am surprised. Yes I never thought he might be dumped but looking at him, his coat is glossy and he is adorable.
    RSPCA said if he went to the kennels today they could rehome him after 7 days so doesnt see a problem with me having him after that. I am already attached to him but hope someone is missing him and finds where he is.
    If not? dog insurance, vet checks and worming and flea check I spose.

12. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Don't be surprised people are strange to us dog lovers.

We had dealings with a poodle rescue centre and one was brought in because it did not match the new carpet, and they wanted another they left their old one but the center would not give them another so off they went.

There is no accounting for some people

Hope you get him he deserves you

Dave:thumb::thumb:

13. champers

champers Funster Life Member

my dogs are not chipped but are tattooed(ear) they are oldies now but chipping wasn't always successful years ago also not always the same type chip reader used

Sounds a great dog

14. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

As long as you are happy to keep him there, there is no need or legal requirement for the RSPCA to take the dog, besides after 7 days they would only charge you a £100 donation to have him back, no sure who they think they are.

15. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

Yes, I just looked up illagal dogs in the UK............it says:

• ​
    Pit Bull Terrier

• ​
    Japanese Tosa

• ​
    Dogo Argentino

Fila Braziliero

In short they mean Landsharks or chavdogs :thumb:

Awwwww! is sounds sweet :Smile:

You could go as far as putting a poster/pic in the local shops/postoffice to find the owner..........................that is unless you want to keep him :Wink:

Boo

16. jomel

jomel Read Only Funster

We had dealings with a poodle rescue centre and one was brought in because it did not match the new carpet, and they wanted another they left their old one but the center would not give them another so off they went.

:Eek!: Blimey! what kind of peeps are they? Im glad that the poor dog stayed at the centre and hope it got a nice home. There should be laws against some people owning any animal.

17. jomel

jomel Read Only Funster

Most of the local shops have an Ad in as I rang this morning Boo. I wonder if he has walked a long way as he is sleeping a lot.

18. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

How long have you lived there ? perhaps he belonged to previous owners of the house.
    Anyway you are a lovely person to look after him :thumb: most people would have shooed him away

19. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

Did the vet give you any idea how old he was?

Looks like you might have a new member of ya family :BigGrin:

Boo

20. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

If you want stories that will make your hair curl just get to know people who run the centres you would not believe the stories they can tell.

Dave:thumb::thumb: