XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
As some of you who attended the Saltfleet Gala weekend with us will be aware, our cat Millie escaped from her harness and disappeared into the undergrowth on Saturday night. After 2 days of extensive searching by us we failed to find her and with great sadness, had to return home late today without her. To lose that little "person" is very upsetting, and many will say "it's just a cat," but as those of you with cats and dogs will know, they play a big part in your life and become a part of your family.
We would like to say a couple of great big thank you's, firstly to Jeff and Andrea for not only organising a great rally but for taking the lead in getting the local rescue centre informed, offering us local advice and by informing all the other funsters and gala organisers of our predicament. Your support was invaluable at a very emotional time for us. Secondly a great big thank you to all the funsters who helped out with the search on Sunday and Monday. It was a superb response and just shows the quality of people who are members of this forum. Thank you all.
Where we are now? We are in touch with The Ark rescue centre and have sent them photos and a description, we placed notices in the area before we left and the word was spreading fast around the villagers thanks to the local social centre's ladies grapevine. We are not sure how to do this Facebook thing but we will look tomorrow as we are both shattered now. Hopefully a happy ending will come from this. Thanks again to everyone.
Rob & Susan xx

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
very sad to lose a much loved pet...was she microchipped?

OP
OP
XRN

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Yes, and we will be checking with the vet to see that it is registered correctly tomorrow just in case.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I know only a little about cats but have a lot of experience with stray/missing dogs. statistically the return rate for microchipped dogs has been steadily increasing year on year. All rescues have scanners and any microchip number is checked on the database within an hour of the animal being picked up

Millie may still turn up months down the line if she has been taken in by a local family. I know of one re-uniting 7 years after the pet went missing

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I hope you find your cat, it's worth contacting the local paper, they will often do an article on things like this!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Have you got a photo and details, I will put on Facebook.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Rob and Sue so sorry to hear about Millie and we hope she turns up very soon,you seemed to have so much support which must have been wonderful and helped at this distressing time.
Good luck with the search

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Really hope someone finds her and she is returned to you.

Cat lovers
Rob&Jane

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Very distressing. Are you able to post a photo of Millie and details of where she was last seen? Perhaps then MHF members in the area could watch out for her.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Very sorry to read that Millie did not turn up after all. I am sure she will make her way into someone's house or garden locally and they will have seen the publicity.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I'm dreadfully sorry to hear of your troubles, pets are members of the family, and this must be worrying you greatly.

Have you tried posting pictures around the streets? Running off a few A4 sheets with her picture on & your mobile number, popping them into plastic folders and stapling them to telephone poles helped us to recover ours when she ran off chasing a leaf in the wind (we got her back 10 days later none the worse for her excitement)

Fingers crossed for you

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
So sorry to hear about Millie. Cats are excellent at retracing their steps even in strange places. My sister in law took her sons cat away with her and it escaped and disappeared. She had to return home without it and went back a week later, still no signs of the cat but it turned up the next week looking very proud of itself and no worse for wear. Hopefully Millie will too

OP
OP
XRN

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Have you got a photo and details, I will put on Facebook.
@Theonlysue Hi Sue, that's a very kind offer, if you pm me your email address I will forward some photos and details. Thanks to everyone for the kind words and suggestions.
Thank you
Rob & Susan

Last edited:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I was really hoping that she would turn up once we had all left, especially with the dogs.
Got everything crossed that she will turn up at a house and you'll get a call.

OP
OP
XRN

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Do let us know how you get on with finding Millie. Our thoughts are with you and our fingers crossed

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Cats clime into all sorts of places for a kip ... perhaps all Funsters that were at Saltfleet should check all their motorhome garages and external lockers on the off chance.

I hope she is found very soon.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi @XRN the food that was left was untouched as of this morning. We had a further look around before we left the playing fields but no sightings i'm afraid. She has probably found a friendly house nearby, so trust you will have some better news in the near future

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
We had a cat escape from a cattery.
She turned up at home a couple of weeks layer.
Fingers crossed xx

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
So sorry this has happened. I do worry when I see motorhome cats in case this occurs ... you must be heartbroken.

Please remember cats are resilient and she can survive in the wild for some time .. but as said already .. someone may have taken her in and is giving her love and attention.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi @XRN the food that was left was untouched as of this morning. We had a further look around before we left the playing fields but no sightings i'm afraid. She has probably found a friendly house nearby, so trust you will have some better news in the near future

Sorry to put this on you .. I would do it myself but I live hours away .. is it worth printing off photo and putting in local shops and pubs? I wish I lived nearer to help :(

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry to hear about your cat. I'm no help but just wanted to say I lost a cat and it turned up after two and a half years so never give up hope. Hope you get yours back sooner than that. They are amazing survivors.

OP
OP
XRN

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Update - Thanks for all the positive comments and to Jim & Lyn for checking the food, we are on Facebook locally now thanks to the link from Janine and it has been shared 44 times so far by people in the area. @Theonlysue has put a Facebook story up for us on the mhf Facebook page and we have decided to go back to Saltfleet tomorrow to look further. Hopefully with some success.
Does anyone know of a Britstop anywhere near Saltfleet? I know there is a CL nearby but we are not members of the Caravan club, just need it for 1 or 2 nights.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
@XRN We happened to see the farmer that owns the field and the surrounding fields, he was clearing the elsan water tanks away-had a chat and he does know about the cat going missing. he did say we could stay the whole week if we wanted -i am sure if you ask at the garage or locally they would not object if you stayed say at the rear of the field where the cat was lost-worth while to ask if you are going back there

OP
OP
XRN

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
That is brilliant thank you, as with the van there she might get a smell and return. We will check with the garage when we get there as you suggested to see if we can stay.

Jul 1, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Try putting her photo and details on streetwise for that area!
My thoughts are with you ,Heartbreaking , hope you find each other again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back