Lost cat at Saltfleet Gala

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by XRN, Aug 16, 2016.

1. XRN

XRN Funster

As some of you who attended the Saltfleet Gala weekend with us will be aware, our cat Millie escaped from her harness and disappeared into the undergrowth on Saturday night. After 2 days of extensive searching by us we failed to find her and with great sadness, had to return home late today without her. To lose that little "person" is very upsetting, and many will say "it's just a cat," but as those of you with cats and dogs will know, they play a big part in your life and become a part of your family.
    We would like to say a couple of great big thank you's, firstly to Jeff and Andrea for not only organising a great rally but for taking the lead in getting the local rescue centre informed, offering us local advice and by informing all the other funsters and gala organisers of our predicament. Your support was invaluable at a very emotional time for us. Secondly a great big thank you to all the funsters who helped out with the search on Sunday and Monday. It was a superb response and just shows the quality of people who are members of this forum. Thank you all.
    Where we are now? We are in touch with The Ark rescue centre and have sent them photos and a description, we placed notices in the area before we left and the word was spreading fast around the villagers thanks to the local social centre's ladies grapevine. We are not sure how to do this Facebook thing but we will look tomorrow as we are both shattered now. Hopefully a happy ending will come from this. Thanks again to everyone.
    Rob & Susan xx

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

very sad to lose a much loved pet...was she microchipped?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. XRN

XRN Funster

Yes, and we will be checking with the vet to see that it is registered correctly tomorrow just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

I know only a little about cats but have a lot of experience with stray/missing dogs. statistically the return rate for microchipped dogs has been steadily increasing year on year. All rescues have scanners and any microchip number is checked on the database within an hour of the animal being picked up

Millie may still turn up months down the line if she has been taken in by a local family. I know of one re-uniting 7 years after the pet went missing

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. dabhand

dabhand Funster Life Member

I hope you find your cat, it's worth contacting the local paper, they will often do an article on things like this!

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Have you got a photo and details, I will put on Facebook.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

Rob and Sue so sorry to hear about Millie and we hope she turns up very soon,you seemed to have so much support which must have been wonderful and helped at this distressing time.
    Good luck with the search

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

Really hope someone finds her and she is returned to you.

Cat lovers
    Rob&Jane

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Rob and Val

Rob and Val Funster

Very distressing. Are you able to post a photo of Millie and details of where she was last seen? Perhaps then MHF members in the area could watch out for her.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Very sorry to read that Millie did not turn up after all. I am sure she will make her way into someone's house or garden locally and they will have seen the publicity.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. pyro

pyro Funster

I'm dreadfully sorry to hear of your troubles, pets are members of the family, and this must be worrying you greatly.

Have you tried posting pictures around the streets? Running off a few A4 sheets with her picture on & your mobile number, popping them into plastic folders and stapling them to telephone poles helped us to recover ours when she ran off chasing a leaf in the wind (we got her back 10 days later none the worse for her excitement)

Fingers crossed for you

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

So sorry to hear about Millie. Cats are excellent at retracing their steps even in strange places. My sister in law took her sons cat away with her and it escaped and disappeared. She had to return home without it and went back a week later, still no signs of the cat but it turned up the next week looking very proud of itself and no worse for wear. Hopefully Millie will too

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

Sorry to hear such sad news .hopefully she will turn up in the next few days. Chin up.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

Good luck on finding her safe and well

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. XRN

XRN Funster

@Theonlysue Hi Sue, that's a very kind offer, if you pm me your email address I will forward some photos and details. Thanks to everyone for the kind words and suggestions.
    Thank you
    Rob & Susan

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  16. rosierose

rosierose Funster

I was really hoping that she would turn up once we had all left, especially with the dogs.
    Got everything crossed that she will turn up at a house and you'll get a call.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. XRN

XRN Funster

We have asked to join this group so will post when we get authorised. Thanks for this link it is really useful.

• Like Like x 1
  19. pyro

pyro Funster

Do let us know how you get on with finding Millie. Our thoughts are with you and our fingers crossed

20. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Cats clime into all sorts of places for a kip ... perhaps all Funsters that were at Saltfleet should check all their motorhome garages and external lockers on the off chance.

I hope she is found very soon.

• Like Like x 2