Free Member
Jan 11, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
since 2009
I was just pulling away from the Tamar bridge on sunday, high revs in third, changed to fourth and the engine lost power. Changed back to third, up revs back to fourth and the same thing happened. Tried a third time, this time the van took off as usual. Fiat 2.8 JTD engine.
Has anyone experienced similar problems?:Confused:
Had thought about possible fuel filter clogged!!

Bill

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
I doubt this is the same issue, since it is not an intermittent problem once it has happened, but worth a check at least since it is easy to do.

I lost power joining the A64 a couple of years ago. Accompanied by a definite change in underbonnet noise.

Having read of problems elsewhere, I guessed (correctly as it turns out) that the turbo intercooler hose had blown off.

Incredible difference in performance.

Common problem and easy to check if you know what and where the intercooler is.

Luckily the hose clip had remained on the hose.

B*gger to get at with the tools I had on me though, and made worse by being half on half off the carriageway.

But don't you feel good when you diagnose something like that correctly AND also manage to fix on the roadside. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
wildbilly

wildbilly

Free Member
Jan 11, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
since 2009
Cheers for the info, I will give it a looking at this week end to see if there are any splits in the hose etc.

Bill:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Feel all along the hose to check if part feels spongy----it is known for the inside to collapse
and restrict airflow.
I have also learned from past problems------change fuel filter and change/clean air filter.
Good luck
Nigel & Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back