Losing Eurosport? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
I am led to believe that I might be losing my favourite sports programme Eurosport channel from Sky. This is the only reason I have Sky. Has any one else heard about this.

Colyboy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We pay £4 a month for direct subscription over the internet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I am led to believe that I might be losing my favourite sports programme Eurosport channel from Sky. This is the only reason I have Sky. Has any one else heard about this.

Colyboy

Sky are in dispute with Discovery Communications, who own Eurosport amongst other things, about payments.

They are threatening to switch off all of their channels on the Sky system if it's not resolved. It's just as likely to all blow over.

The full list of channels that would be switched off is here: Link Removed

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Yes i can Kodi that too, I only recently found out some folk buy firesticks with kodi already installed on it but pay more for it - sometimes in the region of £50 - it takes about 10 minutes to load a firestick with kodi and shitloads of programmes. . Have recently stuck it on my PC too, sports channels never ending, latest films etc, i just download stuff onto an external hdd and take with us now in the van (no converting it to mp4) it comes already done and ready to play straight onto a Avtex tv via usb port - saves loads of £ on our wifi which we just use now for browsing the net and probably one of the best motorhome forums in the world (y)
When my sky subscription ends in about 6 months time they are history !

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes i can Kodi that too, I only recently found out some folk buy firesticks with kodi already installed on it but pay more for it - sometimes in the region of £50 - it takes about 10 minutes to load a firestick with kodi and shitloads of programmes. . Have recently stuck it on my PC too, sports channels never ending, latest films etc, i just download stuff onto an external hdd and take with us now in the van (no converting it to mp4) it comes already done and ready to play straight onto a Avtex tv via usb port - saves loads of £ on our wifi which we just use now for browsing the net and probably one of the best motorhome forums in the world (y)
I took one of our firesticks to Portugal on our last visit, pluged it in to my mates tv and it worked just the same as at home(y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
When my sky subscription ends in about 6 months time they are history !

That's all very well, but ultimately everyone will miss out.

Companies will stop making movies, sport will no longer be sponsored or televised, and we will all be back watching Match of the Day on a Saturday and The Big Match with Brian Moore on a Sunday.

It's piracy and counter productive.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Companies will stop making movies, sport will no longer be sponsored or televised, and we will all be back watching Match of the Day on a Saturday and The Big Match with Brian Moore on a Sunday.

So what else are they going to do

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

Not in our lifetime.
If these companies feel hard done by perhaps they'll not pay so much to football and in turn wages might become realistic as opposed to wages that resemble telephone numbers.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not in our lifetime.
If these companies feel hard done by perhaps they'll not pay so much to football and in turn wages might become realistic as opposed to wages that resemble telephone numbers.

It's still piracy whatever slant you put on it.

As for the " not in our lifetime" comment I suppose that makes it ok?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Stop broadcasting the stuff you aren't paying for I would imagine.
So the sky and Eurosport subscribers are going to lose out, I don't think so somehow, if the signals are out there why is it piracy to collect them, I can't help it if they are finding their way into my tv.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
So the sky and Eurosport subscribers are going to lose out, I don't think so somehow, if the signals are out there why is it piracy to collect them, I can't help it if they are finding their way into my tv.

Well more and more people will, via Kodi or whatever , start watching for free.

That means Sky won't be collecting subscriptions which fund their investment in football.

What do you think they are going to do, carry on broadcasting for the benefit of Kodi subscribers?

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
images (13).jpg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well more and more people will, via Kodi or whatever , start watching for free.

That means Sky won't be collecting subscriptions which fund their investment in football.

What do you think they are going to do, carry on broadcasting for the benefit of Kodi subscribers?
The thing is these broadcasts are there on the internet if you know where to look , kodi just finds them for you and puts them in one place.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yeah, let our offspring suffer:reel:

Typical view of the over 60's.

That's why those outdated thought processes need to be removed.

By means testing and also checking if they are scamming by watching Sky Sports free:whistle:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Who do you think is going to send, and pay for, cameras and broadcast crews to film the events in the first place for you to pick up your pirated signal?

The answer is nobody if they don't have enough subscribers. They aren't going to do it out of the goodness of their hearts just to benefit freeloaders.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
The thing is these broadcasts are there on the internet if you know where to look , kodi just finds them for you and puts them in one place.
Yes. If you mess around on smart televisions, you can get Internet to the football matches, films etc, even new releases but a couple of companies allow the possibility of non nerds being able to get it too.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

By means testing and also checking if they are scamming by watching Sky Sports free:whistle:
images (15).jpg

Actually I think you'll find there are far more under 60's who are free loaders. Particularly in their 50's and younger who have been mollycoddled all their life and probably still sponging off their mum and dad.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Yes, they are, but only because enough people pay to receive them legitimately to make it worthwhile for the broadcast companies to produce them in the first place.

How long do you think that would last if everyone followed your example, stopped paying and used pirated streams instead?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Anyway you can all pi55 off because I am looking at Sanibel villa's for my wife's 50th so must go

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

In absolute truth, I don't actually watch it, not because of any moral (insert crap) principles but because I don't particularly like football. However, I knew nothing about this system as when SWMBO wanted football on and not shown on terrestrial based TV, then I'd use the Internet on the smart TV to get it but son got us a plug in to use and he's in his 40's. Over 60's don't know about these things till we're told by younger and because we now know, some get ratty and mount the high ground because we know (not as they wouldn't do anything shady, ever)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Yes, they are, but only because enough people pay to receive them legitimately to make it worthwhile for the broadcast companies to produce them in the first place.

How long do you think that would last if everyone followed your example, stopped paying and used pirated streams instead?
It's there on the internet available free of charge. I can watch it on my PC, tablet, phone and TV.
Are you saying it's illegal to watch it on the internet?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's there on the internet available free of charge. I can watch it on my PC, tablet, phone and TV.
Are you saying it's illegal to watch it on the internet?

You haven't thought this through have you?

How and why do you think companies broadcast these matches?

You seem to be following me around today like a bad smell, so hopefully you will catch this post

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back