Lorry Drivers HGV Licence HoldersBeware (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
So wen your driving your looking to see who is on there mobile fones .and how do u know they where texting.
To be honest, you don't need to stare at someone to see that, just a glance up through the screen and you can see what is going on. In my view it is all part of being spatially aware when driving in traffic - seeing being aware and understanding what is going on around your vehicle. It's nothing more than a basic driving skill.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I think that was exactly my point. I said "phone use" so the driver at fault twice over. The phone is just a tool. Misuse of tools causes injury.
Lets face it, any person in charge of a forty ton lorry, who is distracted by whatever, is worse then a drunk carrying a loaded gun. Came to overtake an artic on the M5 one night last year, on the elevated section before Brum. He was weaving a bit, so I decided to get past sharpish. He had a TV going on the dash!! :Eeek:
Forget the warnings, fines, whatever, just give them outright bans for five years. Sorted!. (y)(y)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
So wen your driving your looking to see who is on there mobile fones .and how do u know they where texting.

Matters neither way, the fact they were using there phones means they were distracted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Lets face it, any person in charge of a forty ton lorry, who is distracted by whatever, is worse then a drunk carrying a loaded gun. Came to overtake an artic on the M5 one night last year, on the elevated section before Brum. He was weaving a bit, so I decided to get past sharpish. He had a TV going on the dash!! :Eeek:
Forget the warnings, fines, whatever, just give them outright bans for five years. Sorted!. (y)(y)
But we are not all like that u get good and bad in every job.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
But we are not all like that u get good and bad in every job.
Of course. Just ban those caught, remove the operators licence from the company employing him, and confiscate the truck for six months. That should send a clear message to the few idiots that transgress.

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Of course. Just ban those caught, remove the operators licence from the company employing him, and confiscate the truck for six months. That should send a clear message to the few idiots that transgress.
I agree. With out truckers this country would sink.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Simply said but I suspect hard to legislate - in drafting suitable enforceable law and getting it passed.... if you could find the resources to enforce the law when passed.

And then there is the poor driver's "yuman rites" as well and his poor family on benefits....blah, blah, blah. You can see how it could all pan out.

Interesting thought, though

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Rubbish. Car drivers I see them undertaking all the time hogging the middle lane I don't think your a bad driver I don't know u. Take people on there merrit
Surely that is a contradiction. Puddleduck says the minority give the majority a bad name and then you rubbish it by giving all car drivers a bad name...... Sorry, don't agree with that at all unless I've completely misunderstood your post, which is a possibility

Undertakers and middle lane hoggers - bad drivers. Yes. Agree with that, but not all of them, all the time.......

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Surely that is a contradiction. Puddleduck says the minority give the majority a bad name and then you rubbish it by giving all car drivers a bad name...... Sorry, don't agree with that at all unless I've completely misunderstood your post, which is a possibility

Undertakers and middle lane hoggers - bad drivers. Yes. Agree with that, but not all of them, all the time.......
I never said all read the post

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Never mind, back to trying to teach the dog not to thieve my dinner. Some hope.............

A water pistol might help. Every time (s)he tries to pinch a bit a quick blast with the water.........

Mind I had the only dog ever to have been excluded from dog obedience class.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
A water pistol might help. Every time (s)he tries to pinch a bit a quick blast with the water.........

Mind I had the only dog ever to have been excluded from dog obedience class.
(Very) recent research showed that actually putting it out of reach would have been a good start:blush:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I agree. With out truckers this country would sink.
.................And with the majority of decent law abiding truckers, it would float!! My point is this. Those who are caught using the lorry they drive as an extension to their penis, or those who think that because their otherwise illiterate and stupid they can use a 40 tonner as a leveller, should be removed from the road. What could be as simple as that??
What percentage transgress?? A very small one, I'm sure. Removing the bad ones wont make anything sink, unless it's their over inflated ego that goes glug glug.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ering-motorist-Trevor-Allen-running-head.html

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Here's one, when did the markings on a slip road going onto a motorway stop being a Give Way sign and become a Move over I'm coming on if there's a gap or not sign?

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
.................And with the majority of decent law abiding truckers, it would float!! My point is this. Those who are caught using the lorry they drive as an extension to their penis, or those who think that because their otherwise illiterate and stupid they can use a 40 tonner as a leveller, should be removed from the road. What could be as simple as that??
What percentage transgress?? A very small one, I'm sure. Removing the bad ones wont make anything sink, unless it's their over inflated ego that goes glug glug.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ering-motorist-Trevor-Allen-running-head.html
So the hell does that represent truck drivers. He went out to run over the guys head. And I am sorry u think u need an extension for your penis but honestly I don't want to know that......:Eeek:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Here's one, when did the markings on a slip road going onto a motorway stop being a Give Way sign and become a Move over I'm coming on if there's a gap or not sign?
Ever since driving instructing standards dropped into the gutter

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
So the hell does that represent truck drivers. He went out to run over the guys head. And I am sorry u think u need an extension for your penis but honestly I don't want to know that......:Eeek:
OK, so the guilty man wasn't driving a truck. He didn't use the truck to kill a man. Being a truck driver convicted of murder by using his lorry as a murder weapon absolves him in your eyes, and as you see it, he dosent represent a truck driver.....Right, got it. :yawn::yawn:

The court heard that as Mr Allen lay dead in the road, Slater calmly told a 999 operator : "Hiya love - there's a man seriously injured'.

The taco-graph tracking the lorry’s movements before the fatal incident showed Slater pulling emergency brakes and 'flooring' the vehicle to its maximum 54mph - exceeding the road’s 40mph limit.

Reactions: GJH
Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
OK, so the guilty man wasn't driving a truck. He didn't use the truck to kill a man. Being a truck driver convicted of murder by using his lorry as a murder weapon absolves him in your eyes, and as you see it, he dosent represent a truck driver.....Right, got it. :yawn::yawn:
That's not all drivers by one nutter your putting them in all one basket. U got that good.

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
image.jpg
Am looking good wat u think tootles

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Cmon, surely you dont think i would be staring at other drivers while overtaking - you can clearly see vehicles in the distance swaying all over the lanes and veering onto the hard shoulder, Mrs T looks and has a good ol stare as we pass "Yep on the phone" Yep reading a map" yep drinking a cuppa" we passed one and it looked like no one was driving - he got up from maybe picking something up off the floor Oh Please! ! ! !

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Can we agree on this?

Most drivers / riders (cycle, motorbike, trike, car, van, motorhome, all types of HGV) are good, law abiding citizens who obey the rules and the law and drive to the conditions of the road.

However there is a very small number of mavericks who do not give a monkey's and it is these few that should not be on the road.

Sure we are all human (or at least I think we are) and all make mistakes from time to time.

I'm going for a nice mug of cocoa, will finish watching "Amazing Spaces" and then have an early night.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back